xxx. stupid cupid

THIRTY

MARINA STOOD NERVOUSLY IN THE entrance hall, picking at her freshly pink painted fingernails

MARINA STOOD NERVOUSLY IN THE entrance hall, picking at her freshly pink painted fingernails. It was Valentine's Day, and a Hogsmeade weekend, and she had a date. Marina loved romance. She spent her days reading romance novels and listening to love songs. However, she had never come across a romantic prospect. Sure, she had a few tipsy make-outs at common room parties, but she'd never been properly courted.

That was until she was forced to go to her parents' holiday work party over break and ran into a certain Slytherin by the name of Graham Montague. Maybe it was the wine they were sneaking or the mutual attraction, but Marina felt fireworks. The rest of break they made time to meet. She enjoyed the time spent with him. He made her feel beautiful. When he planted harsh kisses on her exposed skin, she felt a kind of validation she never had before. She felt a sense of importance when she was with him.

Marina knew because of Quidditch and general house rivalries that it would be difficult telling her friends. So, she decided not to mention it to them. None of them would be at Hogsmeade anyways. Rory and Angelina had all day Quidditch practice and George and Lee were helping Fred cook up a Valentine's Day surprise for Rory. They were all too concerned with their own lives to worry about who Marina was dating. They had more things to worry about than her, which was fine because Graham gave her all the attention she needed. He didn't like her friends for obvious reasons, but she tried to not let that interfere with anything. Oftentimes he convinced her to skip out on meals with them to hang out with him and usually told her they wouldn't notice if she was gone, which she was starting to believe.

The girl was dressed in dark red, because it was fitting for the holiday and because Graham had told her she looked sexy in red. She liked doing things that pleased him. He approached her in the hall with a smirk. She beamed and bounced anxiously on her heels.

"Hello!" She said as he planted a soft kiss on her hand.

"Hello, Marina." He said, "Wow you look... you look great. Shall we head down now?"

The girl nodded, "Er - I was thinking we could go to Madam Puddifoot's first! Only if you want to, of course."

"Sure, sounds good." He nodded with a slight shrug.

The two walked down to the village together through the February frost. Marina had always wanted to go to Madam Puddifoot's Tea Shop. It was the place where all the couples went during Hogsmeade trips. Oftentimes the girl would gaze longingly through the window wishing she could have someone to go with. She finally did. Graham was very good looking, too. He had dark hair and dark eyes that drew her in with every gaze. His eyes had a slight hunger about them she found very attractive. He looked at her as if she was the last slice of cake at a birthday party and he hadn't eaten in hours.