xxxix. opening day

THIRTY NINE

"RORY! AARON! LUNCH IS SERVED!" Andrew's voice called out through the walls of his small home

"RORY! AARON! LUNCH IS SERVED!" Andrew's voice called out through the walls of his small home. Rory jumped off of Aaron's bed where she was sitting and smiled.

"Race ya?" She giggled and began running down the steps. She could hear Aaron's footsteps behind her, but they weren't quick enough to catch up. The two entered the dinning room, out of breath, but happy. Andrew sighed as he placed their food on the table and sat down.

"So, Rory, you're leaving after this to help set up for tomorrow I'm assuming?" Cordelia asked with a soft smile. Rory nodded and harshly removed the locks of chocolate colored hair from off her lips where they had stuck due to her sprinting.

It was the day before opening day at Weasley's Wizarding Wheezes. Rory was over Andrew's for lunch because she knew everyone's lives were going to get very busy very soon. The girl had successfully landed a job at The Gemini Cafe located at seventy seven Diagon Ally, and she had planned on helping Fred and George with the shop whenever she had a day off.

Rory loved Cory. She was already the mother she never had. She was passionate, supportive, loving, and kind. After their first time meeting, Rory practically begged Andrew to pop the question. He had popped a question and the two were living together, but Rory wanted Cory as her step-mother as soon as possible. Aaron loved her too, now that he had officially moved in with Andrew, he was fully supportive of the relationship and agreed Andrew should ask Cordelia to marry him before someone else did (because who wouldn't want to marry Cory?).

"I'm a bit anxious. Madam Maryam prepared a cake for the occasion, I'm picking it up before I go in. I'm sure we'll be busy tomorrow, so don't feel pressured to come in — "

"We'll be the first in line," Andrew smiled, pouring Rory a glass of water, "Drink up, love. I know you tend to forget when you're worked up."

Rory smiled and took a large gulp of the beverage. She began eating the sandwich Andrew prepared a little quicker than she planned. It was probably the nerves.

"D'you need my help tonight?" Aaron asked, "You mentioned earlier Ginny was going to be there."

The girl patted her brother softly on the head and smiled, "We would love your help. There's a lot to get done."

Andrew flicked a Galleon out of his pocket and Aaron caught it, surprised. Their father shrugged and said, "Get yourself a cookie at the bakery."

Cory laughed softly and rolled her eyes, "Oh, Andy."

The rest of lunch was quick, they finished up eating in ten minutes and Aaron and Rory prepared to head out. Andrew got the Floo Network set up for them as they collected whatever they needed.