xlviii. my funny valentine

FORTY EIGHT

"GEORGIE! HAND ME THE remote!" Marina said, a soft giggle escaping her lips

"GEORGIE! HAND ME THE remote!" Marina said, a soft giggle escaping her lips. She sat on her knees in front of the strange box called a "television" and was flipping through odd rectangles that held movies inside them.

It was Valentine's Day, and they were spending the remainder of the night at Marina (and Angelina's) flat (however Angelina was out for the night and probably wouldn't be coming back until early morning). The couple had gone out to eat to a muggle restaurant Marina had recommended. Now, they were at the girls' flat where George would be spending the night while Fred and Rory did whatever they were doing. Marina decided the pair should watch a movie on her television and George could pick out whatever VHS he wanted...?

However, he had no knowledge of anything she was going on about so he left the planning to her. He tossed her the small rectangle she called a remote and she caught it with a smile. She tucked a tuft of her black hair behind her ear as it fell over her shoulders so she could have a better look at their options.

"How about... The Princess Bride?" Marina beamed, bright eyed and cherub faced.

"Whatever you want, my bird," he nodded.

She pulled out a small black rectangle out of its casing and popped it into her strange machine. The image on the box changed. George really wasn't paying attention though, he was just looking at Marina in front of him, pushing buttons and adjusting herself on the carpet, propping one of her legs up and resting her chin on her knee.

They had changed out of their "fancy" clothing and into more comfortable outfits. Marina was just in a jumper and shorts but she still looked like an angel. After a minute or two of button pressing, the movie had begun.

"Should I get popcorn?" Marina asked, standing up.

George nodded and Marina scurried out of the living room into the kitchen. It was quick, making popcorn. She simply pointed her wand at the bag and it expanded, cooking each kernel perfectly. She joined him on the couch, slightly jumping on to it. George smiled as she nestled against him. He began absentmindedly running his fingers through her dark locks as he held her. Her gaze fixated on the film, his on her.

He listened as she described her favorite bits, quoted them, and explained certain parts of the plot he seemed confused about. George really didn't understand movies, but he loved making Marina happy. Their bodies had moved throughout the night, but they remained close. His head was in her lap, using her thighs as a pillow. His fingers lazily traced around her skin, admiring each stretch mark as if they were bolts of lighting during a summer storm.

Her hands were in his hair, softly scratching his head and sending shivers down his whole body.

Being with Marina was true bliss. He felt like he had been shot with Cupid's arrow.