xxviii. a very grimmauld christmas (part two)

TWENTY EIGHT

RORY AWOKE ON CHRISTMAS MORNING to a pile of presents at the foot of her bed

RORY AWOKE ON CHRISTMAS MORNING to a pile of presents at the foot of her bed. She could barely see the floor with the combination of her, Hermione, and Ginny's gifts filling the tiny bedroom. Rory shook the two girls awake and they opened their presents together.

All three girls received a classic jumper from Mrs. Weasley, each a different color. Rory's was an ivory color with a crimson "R" on the front. Hermione received a black one, and Ginny's was a mustard yellow.

Sirius gifted Rory a collection of dusty piano songbooks with a note attached that read, "Found these in the drawing room. Thought you'd enjoy." Remus got her a copy of Shakespeare's "Much Ado About Nothing" (she had mentioned studying Shakespeare in Muggle Studies and how she wished she had one of his plays to read). Marina's gift had gotten to her and was a new deep red shade of lipstick, a color Rory had not yet sported but Marina was always encouraging her to be more bold. Angelina sent Rory a Gryffindor Quidditch banner, and Ginny got her a poster of the most famous female Quidditch players in history.

As Rory unwrapped the chocolate frogs Ron and Harry had gotten her, a strange smell entered the room.

"Damn Hermione, what's that?" Ginny asked, sniffing.

"Oh! Ron got me this perfume... it's a bit strange but... I think I like it!" Hermione beamed.

Rory smiled to herself and realized she hadn't seen a gift from Fred in her pile. She didn't really mind if Fred didn't get her anything. After all, he had to save as much as he could for the shop. Rory had gotten him a new jacket because she noticed he had outgrown his old one ages ago. She also got him a framed picture Colin Creevy had snapped of the two of them cuddling in the common room. She wanted to see how he liked her gifts, so she headed over to their bedroom and swiftly knocked on the door.

"Password?" One of them shouted from inside.

"Really guys?" Rory sighed, ".... fine! Oi Oi!"

Fred opened the door with a wide grin on his face and let her walk in.

"Happy Christmas, darling," he said planting a soft kiss on her lips.

"Happy Christmas to you too, love," she smiled. "Have you opened my gifts?"

Fred nodded, "I love them, thank you. That picture is going to be right by my bedside every night. I actually wanted to... give you your gift myself."

He gave George a look and the boy got up and nodded, "I'm going to see if Mum needs help with breakfast."

It was only the two of them now.