lxiii. but it's not like chrismtas at all

SIXTY THREE

"IT'S SO DREADFUL, RORY! They took Luna! They took her! They came on the train and took her!" Ginny cried, hugging the girl as she entered the house, having just returned from King's Cross

"IT'S SO DREADFUL, RORY! They took Luna! They took her! They came on the train and took her!" Ginny cried, hugging the girl as she entered the house, having just returned from King's Cross. Rory stumbled a bit and caught the youngest Weasley, softly running a hand down her long red hair.

"Snape is the Headmaster... they... they torture students as punishment, the Cruciatus Curse! But they make the students do it! When we say no, awful things happen to us! Oh, Rory you won't like this... everyone has to take Muggle Studies, but Carrow just tells us how awful and vile Muggles are and how they're animals and — we brought back Dumbledore's Army... we meet in the Room of Requirement. We do what we can but it's not enough. But Luna... is she going to be alright?"

"Ginny, that's awful," Fred said softly. Ginny pulled away from Rory and shook her head.

"Death Eaters are your Professors?" George asked.

She nodded, looking furious. The twins exchanged a look.

"We've got somewhere to be, Gin. We'll be back soon." He gave his sister a kiss on the top of her head then turned to Rory, "Rory, you know the password?" She nodded and he smiled softly. Without much more of a warning, there was a pop and they were gone.

"Where'd they go?" Ginny asked. "Password? What —"

Rory sighed, "It'll make sense in a bit."

"So is Aaron coming over for Christmas? I've missed him terribly at school," Ginny said with a small smile.

It was then that Rory realized Ginny had not heard about Aaron yet.

"Ginny..." Rory said softly, grabbing the girl's hand tightly, "let's talk in the sitting room, yeah?"

The look of dread flushed over Ginny's freckled face and she nodded slowly, trailing behind Rory into the sitting room, their hands still tightly clasped together.

They took a seat on the sofa, the room was empty.

"Andrew... he accidentally pissed off the Ministry. He- he wrote this article and they published his name and... Death Eaters came to his house and they took Aaron. Just like Luna..." Rory explained as she watched Ginny's face harden. She was not weepy, but instead looked angry.

"Is he..."

Rory shook her head, "We don't know. We haven't heard anything. Every time we do Potterwatch we —"

"Potterwatch?" Ginny asked with furrowed brows.

"That's where the twins are tonight... actually I think it's just about to start." Rory pointed her wand at the wireless on the coffee table, "Sirius" she said. The dials spun a bit and the voice of Lee Jordan crackled out.

"Hope everyone found us alright! It's me, your host, River! Today I'm joined by Ringo, Romulus, Red, and Rapier!"

"Is that Lee?" Ginny asked. Rory nodded.