lvii. ask me no questions and i'll tell you no lies

FIFTY SEVEN
[tw: just a v dark chapter,
check a/n for summary]

FIFTY SEVEN[tw: just a v dark chapter,check a/n for summary]

THEY CAME WITH DARK masks and flashes of light. They came with screams and cries from the guests, everyone trying to find their way out. It was blurry. Rory knew she felt her dad's hand grab her arm but she pushed away and gripped tighter to her wand. She shouted at him, told him to leave her and worry about getting Aaron and Cory safe.

She knew she had to stay. She had to stay with the Weasley's. It was where she always went when she needed somewhere, and now that they needed her she couldn't leave. So she tried to protect those around her, rushing Ginny into the house to keep her safe. Rory was a protector, not a fighter. She had never defended herself against Dark Magic like everyone else had to do, instead she did her best to keep people safe.

The cries of fear and flashes of light did not last long, because in the mess of it all, Harry had left, along with Hermione and Ron. Once they realized Harry was not there, they stopped. But they didn't leave.

The Death Eaters stayed as each and every guest left, making sure to question them, and then they stayed and entered the Burrow. Other Order members remained too like Remus and Tonks.

First, they checked the house, nearly tearing it apart. In the attic, a ghoul disguised as Ron was able to convince them the Weasley boy was there, just sick and highly contagious. However that did not give them reason to leave, as they insisted the Weasley's were hiding something.

As they searched the house, Molly and Arthur tried getting Rory to leave, but she wouldn't. She sat there in the living room with the others, holding tightly to Ginny's hand as they entered.

She didn't recognize any of them. She didn't know their names. But she knew their spirits. Evil and cold.

"You," a tall man said, pointing his wand at Rory, "You aren't one of them, are you?"

She softly shook her head.

He leaned in closer, Rory shut her eyes, but all her senses were heightened. His breath smelled awful and his hands, one now rested on her wrist, were cold.

"No I've never seen her before... she goes first."

Rory's eyes shot open and she felt a tight pull at her arm, causing her to stand up. Fred stood up too, but was pushed down by another Death Eater, "Wait your turn." He sneered.

"NO! DON'T YOU TOUCH HER!" Fred shouted, but his yells became muffled as she was pulled away.

The man brought Rory into the dinning room and pushed her on to a wooden chair. She stayed quiet. She knew they would all have to endure what she was about to. She just had to be first, she had to be the sacrificial lamb for the time being, and she was fine with it. Anything to keep everyone else safe.