xxxv. unpathed waters, undreamed shores

THIRTY FIVE

"SO, RORY..." Angelina smirked, "What did you get Fred for his birthday? You never told us."

"I can think of something he really wanted," Cleo joked. The three girls were headed back from the Prefect bathroom — which they all had access too with Angelina being Quidditch captain. The trio liked to get unready for their day there because sometimes the common room toilets were just too plain for them. Marina usually tagged along but hadn't in weeks. The girl had completely distanced herself from the group, Rory didn't even have a chance to confront her because she rarely saw her around anymore.

Rory rolled her eyes, "You two are the worst. I didn't give him that. Where the bloody hell are we supposed to do it anyways?"

"I'm a good friend, Ror." Angelina nodded, "I'll leave the dormitory for as long as you need."

"Absolutely not," Rory shook her head, wet strands of hair softly hitting her cheek, "If it's all planned and scheduled like that it's not going to be special. Also, I feel weird doing it in the castle. We've done other stuff here, sure. But... it doesn't sit right with me knowing some poor unsuspecting girl is going to eventually sleep on that very mattress one day when I'm gone."

Cleo chuckled as they stepped on to a moving staircase, "Yes, please give us all the details of what you do on that couch in the common room, Rory. I'm incredibly enthusiastic to do my potions homework right where you gave Fred a —"

"CLEO!" Rory gasped, "Oh my goodness!" The girl could feel the heat radiating off her face that she knew was now covered in blush. She shook her head and kept walking, not humoring Cleo any further.

"Bowtruckle," Angelina spoke when the girls approached the portrait, still giggling slightly.

"What's so funny?" Fred asked as they entered, sitting on the couch.

"Nothing!" The girls said in unison. Fred rolled his eyes. Rory took a seat next to him by the fire and propped her feet up on the table in front of them. She was wearing her pajamas and a pair of especially warm socks despite it being nearly May.

"Want to work on the Herbology essay tonight?" He asked.

Rory raised an eyebrow, "I thought you were done with school?"

"Yeah, exactly. I am," he winked. Cleo and Angelina burst out laughing and Rory gave them a look whilst trying to contain her own giggles.

"Have you three been drugged?" Fred asked.

Cleo shrugged and laughed her way up the the dormitory. "Feel free to kick me out if you need to," Angelina said to Rory before heading off to bed as well.

Fred sighed and wrapped an arm around his girlfriend, "You going off to bed too then, honey?"

The brunette shook her head, "I'm staying up to hang out with my boyfriend."