lxvi. elysium

SIXTY SIX

RORY WISHED FRED'S AUNT Muriel's soul was as nice as her house

RORY WISHED FRED'S AUNT Muriel's soul was as nice as her house. And her house was quite beautiful. Rory thought if she was going to have to go into hiding, it wasn't a bad place to do it.

Yes, hiding. It started one early April afternoon. What appeared to be another day, eating the twins leftover birthday cake from their exclusive party (just the small staff of the shop was in attendance), turned into being sent a Patronus from Arthur that they needed to get to the Burrow immediately with as much of their belongs as they could carry and then being shuttled to Aunt Muriel's home with the help of Bill.

A crazy day, to say the least. However it wasn't quite over.

When they all had arrived at Muriel's, that's when they finally learned what had happened. Ron, who had gone back to Harry and Hermione not too long prior, had been taken by a group of Snatchers (along with the two others). This caused the Weasley family to go into hiding. Luckily Ginny, who had returned from school for Easter, was able to join them and no longer was forced to endure the terror of Hogwarts.

Andrew, Cory, and Emily came too. Bill decided it would be a good idea with Andrew being so... well known for his opinions and their closeness to Rory and the Weasleys. On top of that, Death Eaters knew of their location already so hiding away was the best bet for their safety (since it was known You-Know-Who wasn't impartial to babies).

Muriel had more than enough room, although she wasn't a fan of an infant living in her home. She wasn't a fan of a lot of things. Especially Rory and especially her relationship with Fred.

But Rory felt safer, which was definitely more important.

The first night at Muriel's was going peacefully. The anxiety and energy from earlier in the day died down and they were settled in, sitting by the fire. Ginny was sitting on the floor as Fred braided her hair. Rory was talking to her parents as Cordelia held a sleeping Emily in her arms.

They were discussing the state of the Quidditch league and how different it was going to be after the war. Cordelia was optimistic (no surprise there) that it wouldn't take long to rebuild.

"Once this is all over, people will be itching to do something fun! What better fun is there than Quidditch? Not to mention the sport itself employs thousands of people. The second they can get back to work, they'll want to go in full force. At least I will." The blonde woman beamed.

Andrew shrugged, "Don't you think people will be scared? Hesitant?"

Cory waved a limp hand in front of her, "Doubtful. Sure maybe a month or so after it all ends, it'll be a bit strange but after that initial shock... the hunger in everyone for some sort of distraction will awaken and it'll be more popular than ever!"