lxi. sweet child o' mine

SIXTY ONE
[cw: bit of smut in the first half,
nothing graphic as usual]

"YOUR BROTHER NEEDS a girlfriend," Rory said to Fred quietly, shutting the door behind her

Fred sighed, unbuttoning his work shirt, "Any ideas? I mean we could try setting him up with Mar again —"

"Go all Parent Trap on their asses!" Rory beamed, but sighed when she saw his confused expression, "Sorry... it's a film from the sixties. These girls try and reunite their divorced parents and there's tons of... mischief involved along the way."

"Right," Fred nodded, his eyebrow raised, "Well anyways, he's still bloody in love with Marina. Have you two spoken lately?"

Rory nodded, "She's been writing every now and then... she listens to Potterwatch. Only caught a few broadcasts though since she can't really guess the passwords all the time. She's good at being cryptic in her writing, she's got a true talent. She wants to come by the shop but she can't bear to see George after he broke up with her. She was devastated. I don't think she wants to get over him, but I don't think she's ready to be with him again. Not until this is over. Does George feel the same?"

Fred shrugged, "Yes and no. He still loves her but it's different now. His main priority is keeping her safe. He's been trying to stay busy and get his mind off of it... he misses her terribly but he might just miss the company."

"Yeah," Rory agreed, "What can we do? Besides the Parent Trap thing... I dunno if that would work. I just want George to be happy, as well as Marina. It's easier for her though because Angelina isn't with anyone like how we're together. She isn't constantly reminded of her loneliness."

"Just tell Marina to come, if she does and George is working, one of us can send him off somehow. Maybe you can go to her and Angie's soon, too," Fred sighed. Rory sat on the bed next to him and climbed into his arms. He began playing with her hair as they sat in silence for a bit.

"Alright, I'll write to her tomorrow," she nodded, "as for tonight..."

"Right," Fred said slowly, "oh goodness... when was the last time we —"

Rory looked at him, "I believe it was before the wedding."

His jaw dropped, "No way! It's December, Rory!" He began silently counting on his fingers, "Five months?"

"Well I was hurt for a bit and then... well the news about my brother... we just haven't been in the mood for intimacy," she explained. However she was suddenly very much in the mood for it. She missed his touch, his warmth, his passion. She missed being vulnerable with him, exposed.