lxx. may third

SEVENTY

THE WAITING ROOM OF ST

THE WAITING ROOM OF ST. MUNGO'S was busier than Rory had ever seen it. She had only been there twice before, but still. She walked up to the line behind the desk of the Welcome Witch. She looked down at her feet, white trainers stained horribly by dirt. Her hair was a mess, but at least she had changed her clothes.

"Rory," someone said, approaching her. It was her dad in his very official darker green Healer uniform, different than the other lime green clad Healers indicating very clearly that he was the boss.

"Dad," Rory said softly.

"C'mon, I'll take you to her," he said, touching her arm and leading the way up to the fourth floor. The Janus Thickey Ward; for spell damage.

"Her parents are with Angelina in the tea room... George is with her now. I've tried everything, Rory. All I can do is manage the pain... I can't even figure out what curse hit her. I think it might've... slashed her insides somehow and it's only a matter of time... at this point I just need to make sure she goes peacefully."

Rory just nodded, not saying anything.

He led her down the corridor as she passed rooms and areas designated for patients with all type of spell damage. They approached a room. Rory took a took breath and Andrew knocked then opened the door.

She looked worse than Rory ever thought she could. Marina always looked picture perfect. Perfect hair, perfect skin, makeup never out of place, her clothes always clean... but now she was still beautiful, but the color had been drained from her face.

Beside her bed, sitting on a chair was George. He looked just as bad as her minus the blood covering her hands.

"Hi," Rory said softly, "How're you, Mar?"

Marina smiled weakly, "Alright. Better now that you're here."

Rory looked at Andrew and he gave a solemn look. Marina wasn't alright.

"I'm probably going to die today," Marina said casually.

"Don't talk like that, Mar," George said sternly, yet softly.

Marina shook her head, "It's true. You can't heal Dark Magic. Whatever curse hit me is going to kill me. It's just far more painful than the Killing Curse. It's alright, though. To be honest with all of you, I never did think I'd live a very long and fruitful life. All of you have these big dreams, that just wasn't for me. Each birthday that went by I was shocked that I'd made it so far. Both of you have got some life long ambition, you can see yourselves growing old. I never saw a future for myself." She paused and coughed fiercely into the handkerchief in her hand. Red covered it so fully, Rory could barely tell it was once white.