ALTERNATE ENDING #1

YOU GOT YOUR PASSION, YOU GOT YOUR PRIDE. BUT DON'T YOU KNOW THAT ONLY FOOLS ARE SATISFIED?
— VIENNA, BILLY JOEL

 BUT DON'T YOU KNOW THAT ONLY FOOLS ARE SATISFIED?— VIENNA, BILLY JOEL

Boom.

Rory felt herself collapse. Her arms went instinctively over her head to protect it. There had been an explosion. The gust of air and debris knocked her off her feet and she hit the ground with a soft thud. All she saw was darkness. It took a moment, for her eyes to adjust. She opened them and got up, realizing she had fallen right next to Percy.

"Rory!" A voice shouted. Her ears were slightly ringing from the explosion, but she knew who the voice belonged to.

"Fred!" She cried, getting up off the ground. She looked around at the rubble and saw him not too far away, still on the ground. She ran to him and helped him up.

"For a second there I thought I'd lost you, love," Fred sighed, squeezing her hand.

"Never," Rory said. "C'mon, let's get out of here."

They were safe and alive, both of them. Rory was so grateful, she couldn't imagine what life would have been like if she'd lost him.

Losing Aaron was hard, but after the war she still had so many people she loved to be there for her.

A little over a year later, Rory sat in her dad's living room with Fred next to her and Emily on her lap.

"Where's George tonight?" Cordelia asked, taking a seat next to Andrew across from Fred and Rory.

"On a date," Fred grinned. "With Marina."

"Oh!" Cordelia grinned, "That's sort of exciting, isn't it?"

Rory and Fred exchanged a look of uncertainty. They were trying their best to support George but both Fred and Rory had their own opinions about his date. George and Marina weren't the same people they were before the war, no one was. As much as Rory wanted them to get back together because she loved them both so much, she knew it might not be the best idea.

"I guess," Rory shrugged, then shifted the conversation. "Cordelia... why did you guys invite me over? This isn't a pity tea, is it?"

"No!" Cordelia shook her head, very obviously lying, "We just wanted to catch up."

Rory shook her head, "I don't care I didn't get the job. That McGregor man deserved it more."

"I can't believe I blocked that curse that could have killed him during the battle... and he repays me by taking your job!" Fred groaned.