lxviii. one day more

SIXTY EIGHT

RORY SHOVED HER HAND in her jacket pocket and yelped when she brushed against what was inside

RORY SHOVED HER HAND in her jacket pocket and yelped when she brushed against what was inside. She paused, put her hand back in and touched what felt so hot against her skin.

Just then, Ginny ran into Rory's room, socks sliding slightly on the wooden floor with a shocked expression.

"Did you —"

Rory nodded and pulled out what had – without realizing it – been in her pocket for years. A small golden coin inscribed on the side: May 1st, 1998. Now.

"Fred! George!" Rory shouted anxiously. The two ran in, holding their coins as well. Eyes wide and mouths agape.

"It's happening?" George asked, clutching the small gold between his fingers.

Ginny nodded. The four looked at each other, silent for a bit. Processing the information they now had.

Something was happening at Hogwarts and they needed to fight. It was time. Everything they had been fighting for for months, was finally coming to something.

"We've got to tell them — the Order needs to know!" Fred said. He ran out of the room and began shouting, "Mum! Dad!"

Rory followed him down the steps and knocked feverishly on Andrew and Cordelia's door as Fred wrangled his parents to tell them the news.

"Dad! Mum! We have to go to Hogwarts!" Rory said loudly, not caring whether or not it would stir Emily.

Cordelia opened the door and Andrew sat on the bed with Emily in his arms.

"What?" Cordelia asked, "Rory, did you just say we have to go to Hogwarts?"

Rory nodded and pulled out the coin, "This coin, we used it for Dumbledore's Army. Remember, I told you about that? Right. Well, it's charmed to heat up the whenever a date for a meeting is set. Look at the side! That's today! That's right now! They need us at Hogwarts!"

For the first time since Aaron's death, Andrew looked alive. His eyes lit up like fireworks and he stood up carefully, walking over to Rory.

"Should we tell the Order?"

Rory nodded, "Yes! Tell everyone you can!"

And so, they did.

"Alright, we can apparate to Hogsmeade, get in through there," Cordelia said as the adults gathered in the sitting room.

"What about Emily?" Andrew asked.

Cordelia looked at him, deep ocean eyes frozen over, "Muriel will watch her! Or Ginny! Mr. Ollivander! You aren't fighting with me over this, Andy! I'm not going to sit here when all of you are out there fighting! If you expect me to stay home like some bloody Stepford Wife —"