The Effects Of A Broken Heart (Ritchie x Devin)

I just watched Ritchie's latest video where Devin confessed to him. It was adorable. Ritchie said that he likes him as well, but there's too much stuff going on right now and doesn't want Devin to get hurt, which I can understand. But it was sad to see how Devin's demeanor just dropped. So that made me think of this. This is gonna be very sad.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Warnings: self harm and depression

Happens a few weeks after they return to Alantide
-----------------------------------------------------------

Devin's POV

I was laying down in my bed thinking about what happened back at Salode. 'Why did I tell him? Why did I even say anything?' These thoughts kept going through my head as I tried to sleep. 'I shouldn't have said anything.' I could feel tears starting to fall down my cheeks as I kept thinking these thoughts. I hated how I was feeling right now. Ritchie had a good reason why he couldn't be with me but. . . why does it hurt so much? I curled up and closed my eyes hoping get some sleep. 'Hopefully things will be better tomorrow.' I soon was pulled into a light slumber.

No one's POV

A certain blue haired demon slayer walked into Devin's room and saw the  creation mage asleep. He walked up to him, sitting on the edge of the bed. He gently brushed his hair behind his ear and saw the tear marks in his cheeks. He frowned sadly as he wiped them away, careful not to wake him up. He then looked at Devin's arms and carefully rolled up his sleeves to see all the cuts on them. This has been going on for a couple of weeks now. Devin slowly stopped leaving his house, eating, and sleeping. It became visable to everyone due to his lack of enthusiasm for gardening, how he never ate and became thinner, the bags under his eyes getting darker with each night, and his fatigue. But only Ritchie saw that signs that he was hurting himself. How he kept pulling his sleeves down, how he winced in pain whenever he moved his arms, and how he never let anyone touch him. It pained him to see him like this. Hurting himself and feeling this way because of what happened in Salode. Devin felt guilty for feeling so heartbroken when Ritchie had a good reason for not accepting him, but he couldn't stop feeling like this. Like he was a selfish, worthless piece of trash. He would find himself crying every night and would get what little sleep he could. Never knowing that the blue haired demon slayer watched him every night. Feeling guilty as well for making him feel like this. He would always watch him tossing and turning every night, wishing that there was some way he could help him with his pain. 'I'm sorry Devin. I wish it didn't have to be like this. I never meant to cause you so much pain. I just don't want to put you in danger. We'll be together once everything is safe for you. I promise. Just stay strong for me my little red mage.' He gently kissed him on the lips. When he pulled away he saw him relaxed and peaceful for the first time in weeks. 'Maybe I can stay a bit longer.' He sat next to Devin, carefully picking him up, and putting him on his lap, having his head rested against his chest.

Devin snuggled up against him and mumbled, "I love you Ritchie. . .."

Ritchie smiled softly, hugging him gently, and whispered, "I love you too Devin."
-----------------------------------------------------------

I know this was short but I found it sweet. I hope you do too.

Later hatchlings!

Roar!!