Loving You Part 2: Holding On (Ritchie x Devin)

No one's POV

The figure watched Devin as he slept and his smile grew more. "My queen, we shall be reunited and nothing will take you away. Nothing." They then disappear into the night.

Devin's POV

I woke up from th best sleep I had in months and saw that was almost noon. 'I need to meet up with Flurry soon.' I yawned a bit as I got up. I then noticed then I wasn't in my room. 'Right, I came here last night.' I sighed as I got changed and went out. I wandered through David's garden in deep thought when I heard someone call my name.

"Devin!" I turned around and saw Lara running to me.

I put on a fake smile and said, "Hey Lara. Do you need anything?"

"Actually, I wanted to ask how you were doing." I was taken back by her answer.

"What are you talking about?"

"Well, I know that you and Ritchie were close, and it's been a long time since I saw you out in your garden. Not to mention you've been getting a bit thinner lately. Are you okay?"

I forced a smile and said, "I'm fine Lara. Don't worry about me."

"You're my friend Devin. I'll always worry about you."

"Thanks. . .. I should get going. I'm supposed to meet up with Flurry."

"Okay. Take care of yourself Devin."

"Yeah. I will. Later." I turned and left. 'I honestly didn't except someone to ask me how I was doing. . ..' I sighed sadly and started making my way to La Carnival.

Flurry and I decided to walk around the city and talk for a bit. "Hey Devin. . .?"

"Yeah?"

"How are you handling everything?"

"I'm fine Flurry."

"You sure? You and Ritchie were lovers."

"I was his mate. . .." I said, quietly.

"I don't exactly know how you're feeling but I can tell you're trying to be strong for everyone but deep inside, you're suffering the most." I looked away staying quiet. "Devin, when it's just us, you don't have to pretend. Okay?"

"I'll. . . keep that in mind."

There was an awkward silence, making me uncomfortable until Flurry said, "You know what cheers me up when I'm down? Slushies. Come on." She grabbed my hand and started dragging me down the street until we stopped at a small slushie store. "You wait right here while I go get them." She then ran inside leaving me staring at the building.

'It's. . . the same place. . ..'

"How did you even know about this place?" Devin asked, while taking a sip of his slushie.

"I saved the owner from getting mugged and now he gives me free slushies whenever I come by."

"Wow. That was nice of him. By the way, what made you get me a strawberry slushie?"

"Well you like red so I thought why not  keep the pattern."

"Is that why you got blue raspberry?" Devin asked, pointing at his drink.

Ritchie took a sip and said, "Yep. Want some?"

"S-Sure." He held out his drink so Devin could try it. "It taste great."