I'll Always Be Here For You (David x Lucas)

Hey there my little Hatchlings! Okay so this is a David x Lucas from You, me & Miss P. Hope you enjoy.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~David's POV~

It's been a few months since we left Divinus Magia with that old bat, Ms. P. Ritchie, who's probably drunk off his *ss, sent me and raindrop on this sucide mission and I am far from happy. But as time went on I slowly started to notice that something was wrong with Lucas. At first, he acted like he always did but after spending a few months close to him I saw how different he actually was from his usaual self. He hardly ever speaks unless he needs to, he never retores back at my insults, and he looks like he hasn't slept in a really long time. His bags are darker than the midget's. I tried to talk to him about it, but he would always find a way to avoid talking with me. I was honestly starting to worry, but there was nothing I could.

I was leaning on the railing of the airship trying to come up with a way to get Lucas to talk to me, when the old bat walked up to me with her damn bird.

"Whatcha thinking about~?"

"None of your business you old bat!" I huffed annoyed.

"Thinking about Lucas?"

I quickly looked at her shocked and asked, "How the hell did yo--?!"

"It's written all over your face. Won't do you any good just thinking about him."

"What's that supposed to mean?!"

"Young love. So naive."

I blushed a bit and yelled, "Love?! Me and raindrop?! Hell no!"

"And why not?"

"Because he and Brandon are a thing!"

"Does it matter?"

"Because... because...."

"Mmhmm. Exactly. Love must blossom!"

Did I really get love advise from this old bat? God, now I really am desperate.

"Fine. I'll go talk to him. Just shut up!"

I walked away as I heard Ms. P asking Polly, "Do you want some tea?"

I made my way down to the ground heading towards the lake because that's where Lucas has been lately. When I got there, I saw him standing at the edge of it just looking out into it.

"Oi! Raindrop!"

He turned around and I can see that he looked like abosult hell. Je had this sad aura around him, his hair was a mess, and the bags under his eyes were totally black.

"What do you want David?" He asked very, very, very tiredly.

"You look awful."

"Gee, thanks. Look if you're here to just insult me then go."

"No, I didn't mean to insult you. You actually look bad. When was the last time you slept?"

"Look, it's none of your concern so just leave me alone."

He went to go walk away, but this time I wasn't gonna let that happen. I grabbed his arm and pulled him towards me.

"Lucas, I care about you and I can easily tell that something is making you like this, so please tell me what's wrong."

"It's none of your business, now let go!"

"It is my business because we're stuck together with that old bat and with the condition you're in will only get you killed! Do you want that?! For Brandon to come back and find out that you've been like this the entire time?!"

He looked down not facing me.

"We broke up David."

"What?"

"Brandon and I broke up."

"Huh?! When?!"

"Literally the day he disappeared. We were gonna tell everybody but with everything that happened and everything that's going on, I couldn't."

"Why did you two break up?"

"Things just weren't working out. We thought it'd be better if we just stayed friends."

"Is that why you're like this?"

"No...."

"Then why?"

He was quiet for a bit until he sighed softly.

"Because I've been trying to keep our guild from falling apart. Trying to make sure everyone did what they needed to, taking on quest to get money. Then with Ms. P taking us on this crazy mission I just keep worrying if the guild will even be there when we get back. I just don't want to lose the only home I've ever known."

His voice cracked a bit when he finished and I honestly was speechless. Lucas was working himself exhausted just to keep our guild from falling apart and he's scared he'll lose it.

"Oh Lucas."

I hugged him tightly, which I guess surprised him.

"You should've told me. I could've helped. You working yourself like this won't do anyone any good."

"I know bu--."

"No buts! It's good you care so much but you need to take care of yourself because you look like you're on the brink of just collapsing. I don't like seeing you like this."

"I... I'm so sorry."

He hugged me back tightly.

"It's okay. You did nothing wrong, just forgot to take care of yourself. You should rest for a bit, okay?"

"..."

"Lucas?"

I looked down and saw him passed out in my arms.

"Guess he finally gave up."

He looked so cute when he was asleep. How he looked so relaxed and peaceful, like nothing was wrong.

'Maybe I finally have a chance with him.'

I blushed a bit, smiling, and kissed his forehead.

"Sleep well my cute little raindrop. I'll always be here for you."

I then remembered something very important.

"Wait.... How am I gonna get you onto the ship?"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So this was my very first oneshot, I hope you guys enjoyed it. Remember you can leave request and I'll try my best to do them. Well anyway, I gotta fly. Later Little Hatchlings!