Kidnapped (Ritchie x Devin)

Devins's POV

I was walking through the courtyard exploring a bit, when I soon saw a familiar blue haired man sitting against a small fence. I smiled and called out, "Ritchie!" He looked over at me with a smile and waved. I walked towards him and sat next to him. "What're you doing sitting here?"

"Thinking." He answered.

"About?"

"Certain things."

"I see. . .." So he's not gonna give me a direct answer. I decided to change the subject. "How are things with you and Brandon after the whole. . . disagreement?"

"It's better." Okay what is with all of these short answers?

I looked at him worriedly and asked, "Ritchie are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine Devin."

"Then why aren't you talking to me? You're being really quiet and it's making me worried."

"I just. . . have a lot on my mind right now."

"Is it about getting home to your son?" I asked quietly.

"Among other things." I looked down a bit. I could tell something else was bothering him, but he wouldn't tell me. It was strange since he usually tells me everything. It must been really big for him to not tell me. I looked back up at him and saw him with a complex look on his face so I decided to do what I could do.

"Ritchie?"

"Yeah?" He asked not facing me, making me a little sad. I hugged him from the side surprising him a bit.

"You don't have to tell me what's bothering you. Just know that no matter what, I'll always be here for you. You know that, right?"

He smiled and hugged me back saying, "I know. That's why I'm glad to have you as my friend." I felt my heart break when he said that, but kept smiling.

"Yeah. Friend." I mumbled quietly.

"Did you say something?" Ritchie asked confused.

I shook my head saying, "No. I'm just glad to be your friend." He smiles even more and hugs me a bit tighter. He rested his head on top of my mind and stayed there. 'Guess I won't be going anywhere for awhile.' I sighed happily and got comfortable, closing my eyes.

No one's POV

Standing in the shadows was Sorin watching Devin and Ritchie. "Is this why he doesn't want to stay? Because of that boy?" He glared at Devin. "Guess I'll have to take the problem out of the picture." He turned and walked away.

Skip to the next night

Devin's POV

I was sitting on Ritchie's bed talking to him about random things. "By the way, how are you and Micheal doing?"

"Great! Earlier today we remembering out time when I was still in Grimshade."

"Well that's good to hear." He said with smile. I smiled back, but it soon disappeared as I thought of something.

"Ritchie, what if we don't get out here?"

"What?" He looked at me confused and asked, "Where did this come from?"

I looked down, shrugging, and said, "I don't know. Maybe because your parents are forcing Brandon to marry someone he doesn't love. Just got me thinking that they could do that to you as well, and I guess. . .. I guess it makes me sad to think about that." He didn't say anything and it was soon an awkward silence. "I-I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said anything. Just forget what I said." I suddenly felt fingers running through my hair. I looked up and saw Ritchie smiling softly.