CHAPTER 28

|VIRAJ|

I dropped Naina off at the entrance of the orphanage and drove towards the headquarters. I wish I could spend more time with Naina but duty comes first. Kissing her sends shivers through my body. I think I'm in, no Viraj don't do this. I can't I'm not going to admit it to myself. Naina makes me feel things that I have never felt for anyone.

I feel at home when I'm with Naina.    I had completely different intentions when I was going to meet her today. I don't want her to suffer. If she stays  with me she has to give up on her dreams and I don't want that to happen. I hate to admit this but this was precisely why I ignored all her messages even when I could have replied.

I had mentally prepared myself to break it off completely. Which is not at all logical considering the fact we weren't even in a relationship well not officially. I received a huge lecture from Neel and Arjun regarding the same. That's  when Naina bounded in and demanded answers from me.

She looked so cute and sexy at the same time. Her cheeks were puffed, all I wanted to do was pull her cheeks  kiss her and claim her as mine.My stupid break up speech flew right out of the window when she was in front of me.

I'm in a huge dilemma. After all the selfish me wanted to claim her as mine and spend my forever with her.  But the logically me warned a million times to stay the hell away from her as all I will give her is grief and pain. The winner was once again my heart, well what it wants it gets. I ran my fingers through my hair and changed the gear.

Not the time or place to think about all of this. Someone was following me and I didn't want Naina to get caught between all of this. I spotted a man who looked suspicious. Asshole thought I won't notice but something about his was definitely off. Just when I noticed he smirked at me and walked out of the bakery.

Calling for back up immediately I spoke to some of the officers to patrol around the bakery and also the nearby streets just to be on the safer side. Lucky for us we chased him and caught him. He's currently under our custody. I parked the car right outside the headquarters walking towards the entrance of the interrogation room. This man had been working for Aman for almost years now.

Lucky for him that he wasn't present the day we raided the warehouse else we would have caught him that day itself. His name is Amar, and I think he's Aman's younger brother. Both of them have the same mean look. He had been loitering around me for a while now. This is the very reason why I didn't want Naina to be there.

He was kept in the interrogation room. Neel and Arjun were outside talking to one of our senior officer Khana. Officer Bakshi had already gone back. The terrorist that we had caught at the border and Aman had a connection.Everything is linked. He wanted us to work on this mission here for a few more months. Then after that we'll be reporting back to duty. I don't know how long exactly are those few more months, Naina is only here for another 3 weeks at the most.

Not right now Viraj. "Sir" I stood before him and saluted him. "Ahh Viraj nice to see you. I know for the past two years you haven't taken up any mission like this but this is very important and I want the best. I have a strong feeling that something big is brewing and we have to be ahead of these bastards at all times."

See you have to understand that sometimes there bastards who  spread terror not only at the borders but also inside the country. It's really a shame that some of our very own  citizens support such groups for their own benefit. Wish I could get my hands on them, I'll break each and every bone in their body and bury then into the ground. At least they'll be useful as compost.