CHAPTER 38

|AUTHOR|

|AUTHOR|

Naina's heart was in her mouth when the doctor came out of the ICU. He opened his mask and appeared to be in agony. " Who are his parents?" Viraj was the first one to walk towards him. "I'm his father and that's Naina she's his mother. Is that enough? Now tell me what is wrong?"

Naina was shocked, she decided to brush it off for the moment and focus on Veer. Sprinting towards Viraj, "Yes we are his parents! Tell us what happened!" She herself couldn't believe what she had uttered. Viraj's heart paced faster. The thought of Naina and Veer being his made him feel like the luckiest man on this planet.

"Well it looks like you guys are his parents." The doctor cleared his throat, Naina tapped her feet impatiently. "Can you just fucking tell me what's wrong with my son?" She screamed at the top of her voice. Viraj placed his hands over her shoulders trying to calm her down.

The doctor looked scared now, Naina didn't even feel sorry for him. He cleared his throat. "Well he was given a very strong sedative. He's just a kid and since the drug was too powerful it has affected his little body. The sedative stared acting like slow a  poison." Naina gasped and her eyes filled with tears.

Viraj wanted to throw something but unfortunately he was holding Naina. "Now  is he okay? When will he be conscious ?" Arjun stepped forward  firing the questions. "Yes he was lucky to be bought on time. We flushed out the poison but since he as already unconscious he might have slipped into coma."

Naina's heart clenched at that statement. She turned around and buried her face in Viraj's chest. He just held her limply. His mind was trying to process what the doctor had just said. " It's not like he'll never get up." Viraj held Naina and glanced at Veer through the small window. "Then what is it?"

The doctor was scared to tell him anything. He was scared that Viraj would shout at him. "If-if he wakes up within this week then that's amazing. But-but if he doesn't then there's no guarantee as to when he'll be conscious." The doctor shuttered eyeing the couple. Naina sobbed into Viraj's chest. Veer was just a 3 year old kid she didn't want him to suffer.

"Also something seems amiss I think it's best if you inform the police about this incident. This was clearly a kidnapping case." The doctor stated proudly as if he had made a great invention in the history of medicine. Viraj wanted to punch his face. Neel stepped forward and showed him their identity, he could see Viraj fuming.

"I don't think that's necessary Sir. We're all Indian army officers. Thank you for saving him." The doctor looked floored clearly not expecting that. He shuttered once again apologizing under his breath. "We will shift him into the general ward after sometime. Talk to him he can hear you."