CHAPTER 55

|AUTHOR|

They stayed like that for a few more minutes. Naina pulled away. She moved and ruffled Veer's hair. "Veer did you eat lunch?" Veer shook his head with a cute pout. Naina frowned and glared slightly at him. "Why Veer? Weren't you hungry?"

Veer nodded his head and rubbed his tummy causing both the adults to laugh at him. "I miss Meewa!" Naina's heart melted at that and she couldn't help but place a big kiss on his chubby cheek. "It's okay Veer! I promise she'll be back soon. Now go eat your lunch. We'll see you later, okay?"

Veer was about to protest but one stern look from Naina and all he could do was listen to her orders. "Okay Nea! I see you later! Bye Vee!" He hugged and kissed both of them running towards where lunch was being served. "Slow down Veer!" Naina shouted and he stopped running at least for the time being.

Viraj laughed at Veer while Naina glared at him and Viraj coughed trying to cover his laugh. "He'll be fine Naina! You worry too much!" Naina rolled her eyes but nodded her head slightly. "Well I think it's time you go home Viraj. It's better if you go home eat and rest for a while." Viraj frowned at that and shook his head like a petulant child.

"No I'm not going anywhere without you." Naina sighed tiredly and shook her head. "Yes you're going home! I'm booking you a cab right now." She pulled out her phone and was about to book when he snatched and  pocketed her phone. "No Naina I'm not leaving you or Veer and going anywhere. There's no home without the both of you."

Naina groaned and pushed his chest. "Shut up Viraj! Go home! You need to eat, take your medicines and rest." Naina pushed him out and tried to get her phone back but Viraj wasn't giving it back to her anytime soon. She let out a frustrated breath and glared at her boyfriend. "What. Is. Your. Problem!!?! Give me my phone Viraj!!"

He shook his head and held it above his head. "What do you want?" Naina asked him tiredly. Viraj smirked, finally he had gotten what he wanted. "Now this my woman is the right question!" Viraj exclaimed excitedly while Naina rolled her eyes. "My woman? Yuck! Whatever, now tell me what do you want?"

"I want you to come home with me that's all! Please! Well if you don't come I'll stay here with you. It's your choice Naina!" Naina's heart fluttered but she was still annoyed with him. "Fine! Come let's go to your place!" Viraj wopped and returned her phone.

"Let's take Veer with us!" Naina smiled and nodded her head. She sorted some clothes for her and Veer placing them in a bag. Veer had returned by then. He was excited when Naina told him that they were going to Viraj's place. Meanwhile Viraj booked a cab which arrived in 10 minutes. They hopped into the cab and made their way towards the army housing society.

***

Arjun tickled Meera as she giggled trying to catch her breath. Annie stood there and gazed at her lifelines. She smiled feeling complete and content. The adoption papers were already made and their lawyer had given them the clearance. All they had to do was talk to Meera and sign the papers. After which Meera would officially be their's!

Much to Annie's surprise Meera was really comfortable with Arjun. She thought Meera would be scared or shy considering how intimidating Arjun can be at times. But when Meera meet Arjun it was almost like a connection was made and she was meant to be their daughter.

Annie had already spoken to Sister Brenda. She suggested that they had to tell Meera what exactly was going to happen. If things go well today Meera can actually come home tomorrow. Arjun and Annie would sign the papers and Meera can move in immediately.