Meeting

A/N - I have returned from the grave nerds :) love y'all lol

John's POV

   I bounced nervously and stared around the large building. People bustled around speaking different languages and pulling suitcases around. My phone buzzed and I snatched it out of my pocket.
Lexis - We just got out of customs where are you???

Me - I'm standing by a creepy statue of an eagle
   I looked around and fidgeted with my sleeves. "John!" I heard someone yell, a head of red curls shot through the crowd and I grinned.
   "Alexis!" She jumped on me and I caught her easily. "Oh my fucking god! You're here!" I grinned, spinning her around and laughing.
   "I'm here." She giggled, I carefully set her down and she grunted a little bit.
   "Oh my god! Are you ok? I completely forgot."
   "I'm ok." She smiled.
   "Holy shit. You're shorter than I thought."
   "Hey!" She smacked my arm and I laughed. We hugged again and teetered in a circle.
   "This is great and all but can we please go?"
   "Jamie, don't be rude." Alexis grumbled.
   "What happened to you?" I frowned, looking at James who seemed to be covered in dirt or something.
   "Fire...Fire happened to me." I frowned and looked at Alexis.
   "The stupid ship caught on fire." She grumbled, I wrapped her in a tight hug and she hissed. "Ok, yeah. That one hurt." She chuckled.
   "Sorry. Yeah. Let's go." Alexis wrapped her arms around my arm and I smiled. James followed us out and I opened the car door for Alexis. She and James just stood there and stared for a minute. "What?"
   "Car." They muttered in unison, I frowned and Alexis shuffled forward.
   "You don't have cars on Nevis?"
   "Only the really, really rich people." James sighed, I helped Alexis get in the car and James put their bags in my trunk. James got in behind her and I slid in the driver's seat.
   "You guys good?" Alexis nodded slowly and I started the car. I started driving and I handed Alexis my phone. "You can play whatever song you want."
   "You have a cell phone!" She gasped, scrolling through my songs.
   "Yup." I chuckled, she played some music and I looked in my rear view mirror. "Hey, James. Where am I going?"
   "Oh! Here!" James gave me an address and I plugged it into my phone. Alexis and I chatted as we drove and I ended up holding her hand. She asked if she could and I said hell yeah because I've spent too fucking long unable to touch her. So we held hands all the way to the house, I pulled up and put it in park.
   "Is this it?" I frowned, James leaned over and nodded.
   "Yeah. Alexis, you remember George, right?"
   "Washington?"
   "Yeah." Where have I heard that name?
   "We're gonna stay with them for awhile." He sighed.
   "What! But he has seen me since I was a-...little kid." She mumbled, James sighed and started getting out.
   "I know. C'mon." He sighed, I helped Alexis out and she hugged me tightly. I chuckled and wrapped my arms around her waist. James walked up to the door and knocked while Alexis and I just stood there hugging.
   "I'm so glad you're here." I whispered.
   "I'm glad too." She smiled. "Sorry we kept you out so late."
   "It's alright. I couldn't wait 'til morning." I chuckled, she giggled and I smiled lightly. We pulled away and I finally got a chance to look at her in her entirety. She was wearing sweatpants and a baggy t-shirt with her curly red hair tied up in a messy bun. She had some makeup on and her glasses sat on her nose.
   "Oh my god...You are so much more beautiful in 3D." She giggled and I smiled, hugging her tightly again.
   "Simp." She teased.
   "Oh, wow!" I laughed, she giggled and looked up at me.
   "Alexis!" James called, I helped Alexis up the steps and she shook hands with the man at the door.
   "I really think you will be goods friends with my son." He smiled. "Gilbert!" He called, there was an awkward pause before a boy with red hair came to the door.
   "Yeah, dad?"
   "Oh my fucking god." Alexis blurted, causing James to elbow her hard. She winced and glared at James.
   "John?" Laf frowned.
   "Your real name is 'Gilbert'?" I wheezed.
   "Wait...If you're-...Hi, Alexis." He mumbled, Alexis sighed and James frowned.
   "You know each other?"
   "This is Laf." She grumbled, James sighed and Mr. Washington smiled awkwardly.
   "Come in, please." We entered the large house and Alexis yawned, leaning against me. I blushed slightly and pulled her a little bit closer so she wouldn't fall. "We only have one extra bedroom. Is that alright?"
   "That's perfect. Thank you." James smiled, Laf looked incredibly uncomfortable and I smirked. Mr. Washington and James left to get the stuff out of my car and I leaned down to whisper to Alexis.
   "Let's go to the couch. Ok?" Alexis nodded drowsily and I lead her to the couch. She sat down and I sighed. "Why are you so tired." I chuckled.
   "I have to take pain meds and they make me tired." She sighed.
   "Ah...I see." I smiled, sitting next to her. Laf left the room without a word and Alexis sighed.
   "My life fucking sucks." She muttered.
   "Don't say that."
   "Why not? It's true." She grumbled, I stared at the ground and sighed.
   "C'mon, Alexis. It'll be ok. You're here now. It'll get better." I smiled.
   "And if it doesn't?" She snapped, I frowned and she huffed.
   "What happened to being optimistic?"
   "It's a lie. It's stupid." I frowned and pulled her into my arms.
   "No, it's not." I mumbled, holding her tightly and rubbing her back. "You helped me see the good side of things. It's not stupid." She sniffed and sighed. "I'm really glad you're here."
   "I'm glad too." She sniffed, she looked up at me and giggled a bit. "You're a big goof."
   "I am, aren't I." I chuckled, she yawned and sighed heavily.
   "Alexis!" James called. "Come on. You need some rest."
   "I'll call you tomorrow. I promise." I smiled.
   "Ok. Tomorrow." She smiled, I got up and she followed suit. We hugged one last time and I presses a light kiss on the top of her head before waving and leaving.