New Place

A/N - ASK QUESTIONS OR YOUR KNEE CAPS ARE MINE!!!

John's POV

   I sighed as I unlocked the door to my new apartment and looked inside. It was a huge penthouse and I already hate it. My father told me I needed to live in a big apartment to show others that I'm rich and there because I'm gonna be great but... I wasn't accepted in this college on merit. I don't deserve this. I should give my spot to Alexis. She deserves my life more than I do. She deserves a loving girlfriend or boyfriend, to go to a good college, to not have to worry about herself and her brother all the time. She deserves the world and I don't. Speaking of Alexis, I need to call her. I pulled out my phone and called her. She answered pretty quickly and I smiled when I saw her. She was sitting up and typing on her laptop. "Hey. I was gonna call you when I landed but the airport was crazy."
   "That's ok. I've been writing poems."
   "Hey, you're sitting up!" I smiled, she giggled and nodded.
   "Yeah. The doctor came in and made me sit up." She giggled, I smiled and stared for a minute. She was really pretty, even if she didn't think so. Her curly red hair tied up in a messy bun and her glasses slipping off her pointed nose. She was still wearing a hospital gown and she still had cuts all over her face but she was beautiful. "Can I see your new place?"
    "Uh...Yeah. We can take the tour together." I chuckled, I turned the camera around and sighed. "It's really big so-"
   "That's ok." She smiled. We took the tour and Alexis said she thought it was cute. I smiled and looked around...
   "Maybe this won't be so bad."
   "Yeah! You'll be fine. It'll all be ok." She smiled.
   "How can you be so optimistic?" I asked, sinking onto the couch.
   "I just-...My whole life has been surrounded by bad but if I can do one little thing to make it good then...why not do it?"
   "I really admire you, Alexis. You're so strong. I think I'd crumble if I was in your position." I mumbled guiltily.
   "You're strong in your own way, John." She smiled.
   "How?"
   "You have a strong heart. A lot of love." She hummed, I chuckled and rubbed the back of my neck. "Hey, Jamie. How was work?"
   "Fine." I heard James grumble. "Is that John?"
   "Yeah. Hey...Can I tell him?"
   "Tell me what?" I frowned.
   "Uh...I guess." James sighed.
   "Well-" Alexis grinned. "As soon as I'm back on my feet we're moving to America!" She announced, giggling and wincing a bit.
   "Really! Where?"
   "New York. That's where you said you were, right?"
   "YES! OH MY GOD! I'M GONNA GET TO MEET YOU!"
   "YAY!" She giggled, James chuckled and sat on the edge of his bed.
   "It'll be, at least, a week or so before we can go so chill out." James chuckled, Alexis winced a bit and sighed. "I'll go get you some water." James left the room and Alexis sighed heavily.
   "Hey...Can you tell me about it?" James had given me a mission this morning. I need to get Alexis open up about what happened.
   "Tell you about what?"
   "You know what, Lexis." She sighed and fiddled with her hospital gown. "You can talk to me. I promise. What happened to you is awful and I'm here for you but I can't be if you don't tell me about it." I sighed.
   "I can't."
   "Why not?"
   "Because...I don't remember." She looked away and I sighed.
   "I know you remember, Alexis. Just talk to me."
   "I don't wanna talk about it!" She snapped, I sighed and ran my hand through my hair.
   "Ok." I smiled.
   "That's it?"
   "That's it. I'm not gonna push you to tell me something you don't want to. I just-...I care about you, Alexis, and I just wanna make sure you're ok."
   "I'm-...I can't." She sniffed.
   "Ok."
   "I've got water!" James announced as he entered the room, Alexis and I laughed and he handed her the small cup. She drank it and smiled.
   "Thanks, Jamie." He ruffled her hair and I smiled lightly. "John, can we play Minecraft?"
   "No, sorry. My PC is in-" I checked the tracker and sighed. "-Virginia right now. Along with the rest of my shit and it won't get here until Monday."
   "Oh-"
   "Sorry." I sighed.
   "It's ok." She smiled.
   "If it's ok with you two, I'd like to spend some quality time with my sister?" James chuckled lightly.
   "Definitely. Bye, Alexis."
   "Can I call you later?"
   "Yeah. Bye."
   "Bye!"

   My phone was chiming so I answered it and Alexis' face popped up. She was lying down and her glasses weren't on her face. "Hi." She mumbled.
   "What's wrong?" I frowned.
   "I have to sleep." She mumbled, I chuckled a bit and sighed.
   "If it's any consolation I don't have sheets or blankets. It's all in Virginia." I huffed, Alexis giggled and I sighed heavily.
   "Aw, poor baby. Your apartment is like a mini mansion and you don't have sheets?"
   "Shut up." I grumbled, Alexis giggled and she coughed a bit. "Are you ok?"
   "Yeah...My meds are wearing off." She huffed.
   "Still don't wanna talk about it?" She shook her head and I sighed. "Ok. I'm here when you're ready." I smiled, she nodded a bit and yawned.
   "John?"
   "Hm?"
   "When do you start college?"
   "In a month."
   "You'll have to tell me all about it."
   "I will. I promise." I smiled, she giggled and sighed heavily. "Something wrong?"
   "Yeah..."
   "What's up?"
   "I have to pee." She grumbled.
   "Then go."
   "I can't without a nurse."
   "Then get a nurse."
   "They'll send a male nurse."
   "What! Why?"
   "Because Nevis sucks ass." She huffed.
   "I'm gonna come down there and kick everyone's ass-"
   "No. You won't, loser. It's fine." I sighed and flopped on my bed.
   "But I wanna." I mumbled, Alexis giggled and sighed.
   "Alright. I have two options. Get manhandled now and still have my pride or piss myself and get manhandled later."
   "I say manhandled now." I sighed, Alexis groaned and reached over. There was a small beep and Alexis sighed.
   "I'm gonna mute myself."
   "Ok. Be careful." She nodded and the door opened, the sound shutting off. I put my phone down out of respect and laid back. After a few minutes I heard Alexis saying something and a door shut so I picked up my phone. "All good?"
   "Yeah. James is gonna be mad when he finds out I was bitching to the nurse again." She sighed.
   "Eh, they should've sent a female nurse. You have a right to bitch."
   "Yeah..."