South Carolina

A/N - I'm back :)

John's POV

   I sighed as Alexis hugged me tightly and I wrapped my arms around her tightly. I rubbed her arms and kissed her forehead. "I'm sorry, Lexis. I don't wanna go either."
   "Promise you'll call?"
   "I'll call, Alexis."
   "I know. I'm just-...We did the long distance thing before and-" She teared up and I huffed.
   "I know,. I don't wanna leave either. But Iit's just for three days." I smiled.
   "But, babe-"
   "We'll play video games. You can meet some of my buddies from back home." I offered, trying to get her to smile.
   "Like who?"
   "Ah, Francis." I chuckled. "He was really my only friend there." I sighed, she giggled a bit and pulled on the lapel of my leather jacket.
   "So you're a loser?" She giggled.
   "Yeah. You're dating a loser."
   "I'm ok with that." She giggled, she smiled and kissed me.
   "Baby, I gotta go. I'm gonna miss my flight."
   "Oh...Uh...Ok, babe."
   "Hey...It'll be ok."
   "Call me when you land?"
   "Yeah,. Ddefinitely. I'll call you the moment I get off the plane." I smiled, kissing her gently. "You just have to promise me something."
   "What?" She frowned.
   "Don't cry?" I begged. "If you cry,. I'm gonna cry, and I can't cry." I smiled.
   "Ok...I'll try." She mumbled, her eyes already watering.
   "Um-...Before you go, I have to tell you something. I-"             "Boarding for flight 1781,. Boarding for flight 1781." A lady boomed over the intercom.
   "Shit. That's my flight,. I gotta go."
   "Oh-..."
   "What were you gonna say?"
   "Nothing. Bye, Jacky."
   "Ok. Bye, baby." I kissed her good bye and hurried off the my gate. She waved as she followed Laf out and I waved back. I sighed as I boarded my plane and sat down.

   I yawned as I pulled my phone out of my pocket, walking through the terminal to baggage claim, and called Alexis. It rang a couple times and I rubbed my eyes. "Hello?" Alexis' groggy voice asked.
   "Did I wake you up, baby?" I asked gently.
   "No...Not really. Jamie got another job...I can't sleep.
   "Oh, I'm sorry. If I was there I'd-"
   "Don't say that please?" She begged. "I don't wanna think about you being gone." She sniffed.
   "Ok, baby. Have you and James sorted out the whole college thing?"
   "Yeah. I'm gonna start when break's over."
   "And your major?"
   "Creative writing."
   "Awesome. I'm proud of you, babe."
   "Really?"
   "Of course. I'm proud of you all the time."
   "That's cheesy and I love it. Are you tired?. You sound tired."
   "Yeah. We're in the same time zone. It's fucking late."
   "Oh...Right." She chuckled lightly and I smiled. "What are you doing?"
   "Getting my suitcase." I sighed, finally spotting it and pulling it off the conveyor belt. "Got it."
   "Oh, are you driving yourself?"
   "Nope. As my dad always says 'Rich people don't drive'." I mocked in a deep voice.
   "Poor people don't either. It's the middle class." Alexis giggled and I laughed lightly.
   "You're too cute. He's sending me a car or something." I sighed, trudging through the terminal. "I'm supposed to look for a dude holding a sign with my name on it."
   "Really?"
   "Yup."
   "But your name is basic as fuck."
   "Wow, thanks, babe." I chuckled, looking around and spotting a sign. "Well, there's only one 'John' that I can see." I chuckled, walking over to the man.
   "John Laurens?" He asked.
   "That's me." I sighed.
   "Aw, big sad man." Alexis teased.
   "Oh, hush." I chuckled.
   "Sir?"
   "Sorry. I'm talking to my girlfriend." I chuckled, Alexis giggled lightly and I smiled. The man lead me out to the car and I huffed.
   "What's wrong?" Alexis frowned, I sighed and slid into the limo.
   "Nothing." I smiled. I hate being rich. The guy started driving and I leaned against the comfy cushions. "So are you excited to start school?"
   "Yeah. You're still gonna give me a ride...Right?"
   "Of course, babe. I'm not gonna make you walk." I smiled, she giggled and I chuckled lightly.
   "So...What's it look like over there?"
   "Uhh-...Farm land." I shugged. "I live a couple minutes out of the city." I hummed.
   "Ah. Cool." She hummed. "Maybe you should rest. You sound really tired."
   "But you're still up. I don't wanna-"
   "I need to learn to sleep on my own." She mumbled.
   "Ok..." I sighed. "Call me if you need me, baby."
   "I will."
   "Ok...Bye."
   "Bye." I hung up and sighed heavily. I yawned and tried to enjoy the ride.

   I grabbed my bag and started up the steps to the door. It swung open and my mom threw her arms around me. "Oh my goodness! John!" She squeezed me tightly and I chuckled a bit.
   "Ma, you're crushing me."
   "Oh...I'm sorry, honey. I've missed you so much. How's New York? Are your classes ok?"
  "I'm fine, Ma. I missed you too." I smiled, peeling her off of me.
   "Son." I looked up and shifted lightly.
   "Dad..."
   "Welcome home."
   "Thanks." I muttered, we went back inside and I bit my lip.
   "The children are asleep. Breakfast is at eight. Goodnight." With that my dad left the room and I sighed.
   "So...I heard you broke up with Martha." Ma started.
   "Uh...Yeah...I did."
   "Wanna talk about it?"
   "Uh...There's nothing really to talk about. I just...It didn't feel right." I shrugged.
   "Is there another girl?"
   "Um-...Yeah. I don't know-...I'm really tired. I should-"
   "Do you have a picture?"
   "Ma-"
   "I wanna know who this girl is." I sighed and pulled my phone out. I showed her a picture and she gasped. "Oh, she's gorgeous. Is she good to you?"
   "Yes, Ma. She's very sweet." I smiled lightly, looking at the picture of Alexis laughing at me.
   "Oh...You should've brought her! We would love to meet her." Ma smiled.
   "Yeah...No...Um-"
   "Why not?" She frowned.
   "Uh-...She's-...She's transgender, mom." I mumbled, she shifted and looked at the picture again.
   "Oh...It's probably best you didn't bring her then."
  "Yeah..."
   "She's very beautiful. I would love to hear more about her in the morning. Ok?"
   "Yeah. Good night, mom."
   "Good night, honey." I made my way upstairs to my old bedroom and collapsed in the neatly made bed. It was clear that the maid had been here but I didn't care to say thank you just then. I just wanted sleep.