First Date

A/N - Hey hey hey sexys ask questions or I'll steal your knee caps

John's POV

   I sighed as I pulled Martha's bag out of my trunk and closed it. "You don't have to come with me. I can-"
   "I'm not a dick. I'm gonna make sure you get through safely." I huffed, she sighed and nodded.
   "So...You and Alexis, huh?"
   "Uh...Kinda." I mumbled. "I'm taking her to dinner tonight."
   "Wow...You must really like her. You never take me to dinner."
   "Martha, that's a lie and you know it."
   "She's not really a girl, she's trans."
   "I know...I don't care." I sighed.
   "Why her?"
   "Over you?"
   "No, out of anyone. You're hot, John. You could have anyone you want. Why her?"
   "She's sweet and funny. She cares about me."
   "I care about you!"
   "You have a pretty fucked up way of showing it." I grumbled.
   "It's tough love!"
   "We used to be friends, Mari." I sighed. "You never acted like this until after we started dating. You tried to control me, told me I couldn't talk to other girls-"
   "I was right. The one girl you talked to-"
   "We were just friends. I like her because she's good to me."
   "So now what are you gonna do?" She sighed as I opened the door for her.
   "I'm not sure. I'm kinda rollin' with the punches for now." We got in line to check her bag and my phone rang. I pulled it out of my pocket and sighed lightly. "It's Alexis."
   "Answer it...I'd want you to." Martha sighed, I answered the phone and pressed it to my ear.
   "Hey, Lexis."
   "Hey-uh-...Would you hate it if I wore a dress?"
   "Of course not, baby. Why would you think that?"
   "I don't know...I'm trans and-"
   "I don't care. You look cute as hell. Let your hair down too."
   "Really?"
   "Yeah, babe. I gotta go. Ok? I'll pick you up at seven?"
   "Yeah. Bye, Jacky."
   "Bye, Lexis." I hung up and sighed heavily.
   "Pet names? You never gave me pet names."
   "Because you said I sounded stupid." I huffed.
   "That's not true."
   "Martha, please? I don't wanna fight with you."
   "You never do." She sighed. "You're a lover...not a fighter. Is that why she likes you?"
   "I don't know." I sighed, we were called up and I loaded her bag on the scale. She got checked in and I followed her to security. She paused before she stepped into the line and sighed.
   "I did and do love you, John. I was just trying to help you." She sighed. "I know I wasn't the best girlfriend now but...I hope we can still be friends?"
   "We can try." I sighed.
   "I'll call you when I land?"
   "Yeah...Say hi to Francis for me?"
   "Definitely." She smiled.
   "Bye, Mari."
   "Bye, John." She hugged me and pressed a kiss on my cheek before getting in the line. I smiled and waved as she checked her ticket and just like that she was gone. I sighed lightly and called Alexis. She picked up after a couple rings and I smiled lightly.
   "Hey, baby girl." I hummed.
   "Hey, Jacky. What's up?"
   "I really, really, really like you, Alexis." I gushed.
   "Yeah? Are you ok, John? Did Martha say something?"
   "No...We just talked about our relationship and I-...I want us to last. I want this to be real. You're so beautiful and smart and funny. I need you."
   "Oh-...Ok...Um-...Can we talk about this at dinner? I'm not saying no! I'm just a little nervous."
   "Yeah...I'll see you in a couple hours, baby."
   "See you soon." She hung up and I smiled.

   I took a deep breath and knocked on the door. It swung open and James glared at me. "I swear to god if you hurt her, my face will be the last thing you see." He growled, Alexis shoved him out of the way and huffed.
   "Geez, crazy, leave him alone. Hey, Jack!"
   "Hey...You look great." I grinned. "Ready?"
   "Yeah."
   "I want her back in one piece by ten!" James snapped.
   "You got it, James." I saluted him and smiled.
   "Bye, Jamie!" Alexis chriped, linking her arm with mine and towing me off the porch. I opened the door for Alexis and soon we were off.
   "Maybe you should cut James some slack?" I asked. "He's just trying to keep you safe."
   "I know but he's being a helicopter. He was fine when I didn't leave the house but I have friends now! I like leaving the house!" She huffed. "He's just freaking out for no reason."
   "Maybe." I shrugged, I glanced at Alexis and smiled. "You look fucking radiant, baby. That dress fits you hella well."
   "Herc made it for me after Laf accidentally told him I was trans." She sighed lightly.
   "He outed you?"
   "It was an accident. We already talked about it." She hummed. "I'm fine."
   "Ok...I'll kick him if you want."
   "No, silly!" She giggled, I pulled into the parking lot and Alexis gasped. "I hate you."
   "No, you don't." I pulled into a parking spot and turned off the car.
   "You have to tell me which fork to use."
   "It's not that fancy. You'll only have to worry about that if you come home with me for Christmas." I sighed, getting out and getting the door for Alexis. She got out and smiled up at me.
   "Then I guess I've got time to learn."
   "How do you know we'll get there?"
   "You said you wanted us to last, I do too." She smiled, I grinned and offered my hand. She took it and I entwined our fingers, leading her into the restaurant.
   "Hello, I have a reservation for 'Laurens'."
   "Ah, yes. This way Mr. Laurens." I narrowed my eyes and Alexis frowned up at me. I shook my head and followed the hostess to the table. I pulled out the chair for Alexis and she stared at me blankly.
   "Put your ass in the seat. I swear to god. Were you raised in a barn?" I teased, she sat down and I slid into my seat.
   "Our apartment was close enough." She sighed.
   "Ah...Right." I smiled and Alexis giggled. We were given menus and Alexis' jaw dropped.
   "John-"
   "I'm paying for it. Shut up and don't look at the prices. Just get whatever you wanna eat." I smiled, Alexis huffed and bit her lip.
   "Are you sure?"
   "Baby, I can pay for everything on this menu and more. Get whatever you want. I wanna spoil you."
   "Ok."