Break-Up

A/N - Questions or knee caps :)

John's POV

   "Martha!" I called, she rounded the corner wearing some lingerie and I huffed.
   "I've been waiting for you."
   "Is this all you've come here for? You didn't wanna see me, you just want sex!" I huffed, she frowned and put her hands on her hips.
   "I'm just trying to-"
   "You know what? I don't care. She's right you know." I huffed.
   "Who?"
   "Alexis! She was right...about everything! You never loved me! You-...You've been manipulating me! I-" I huffed and wiped my eyes.
   "John...I'm not the one manipulating you. It's her. She's crazy. She-"
   "She cares about me! She makes me a better person! She lets me be me!"
   "Ugh...It's her. Isn't it. You're leaving me for that stupid bitch!"
   "SHE IS NOT STUPID!" I bellowed, Martha folded her arms and walked forward.
   "You're nothing without me." She mused, leaning forward and smiling.
   "You're so fucking wrong. I am everything without you. I have friends who support me and care about me. Alexis likes my piercings, she likes my hair, she likes the way I dress. I don't need your approval. Alexis helped me find who I am and I-...I'm bisexual. I like dudes and that's fine." Martha scoffed and started laughing.
   "'Bisexual'? John, are you even hearing yourself? This is stupid."
   "Yes. I can hear myself. A good girlfriend would support me! Not tear me down and break me!"
   "John, this is ridiculous-"
   "No...It's done. We're over-"
   "John!"
   "We're over, Martha!" I huffed. "You can stay until you get a plane ticket."
   "Johnny-" She whined as I headed for the elevator.
   "I'm going to Alexis'. If you need anything, call me. Goodbye, Martha." The doors slid closed and I pressed the button for the lobby. I slumped against the back wall and let the tears roll down my face. It was over...for good.

   I knocked on the Washington's door and bit my lip. The door swung open and I came face to face with Laf. "Hey... dude?"
   "Hey...Uh-...Is Alexis home?"
   "Yeah but I wouldn't fuck with her. She seems upset."
   "Damn it. Can I see her?"
   "Sure." He shrugged, letting me in and closing the door. I jogged up the stairs and knocked on her door.
   "Fuck off, Laf!"
   "It's me." I called, there was a pause and I huffed.
   "Come in." I opened the door and Alexis looked up. "Hi." She mumbled.
   "Hey...Look, I-"
   "John, please?" She mumbled, sliding off the bed. "Can we just-"
   "No, Alexis." I huffed. "I'm sorry. Ok? I'm sorry but I don't regret it. I should've done it a long time ago. You're right. You've always been right. I should've listened to you." I sighed, cupping her cheeks and looking into her eyes. "I broke up with her."
   "You did?"
   "Yeah...You were right. She never loved me. I shouldn't have been so blind." I huffed.
   "John, I-...I'm proud of you." She smiled, I smiled lightly and blinked back tears.
   "C-...Can I kiss you?" I asked shakily, Alexis shifted and pulled my hands away from her face.
   "No...I'm sorry, John." She mumbled, backing away.
   "Ok...That's ok." I smiled. "Do you wanna come over and play Minecraft?"
   "John...I can't."
   "Why?"
   "Please stop asking?"
   "No way."
   "John-"
   "Alexis-"
   "I'm a fraud, John!" She yelled, I frowned and huffed. She turned away and I placed a hand on her shoulder.
   "What you talking about?" I asked gently, Alexis burst into tears and buried her face in my chest.
   "I've been lying to you!" She cried. "I'm sorry! I'm s-sorry!"
   "Hey, hey! What are you talking about, Alexis?" She shook her head and I ran my fingers through her hair. "You can talk to me. You can tell me anything, Lexis."
   "I'm not a girl!" She sobbed, I frowned and pulled her away to look at her.
   "What are you talking about?"
   "I'm trans!" She yelled, covering her face. "I was born a boy."
   "Oh...Uh-"
   "I'm sorry."
   "No, no, no! It's ok! Uh-..."
   "I didn't tell you because...Laf said you were weird with trans-"
   "Oh...Uh-...That was-"
   "Are you mad?"
   "What? Why would I be mad? Not at all. You're my best friend, I support you."
   "But you're being weird." She sniffed.
   "I'm not trying to. I'm really trying to not be weird but I guess I'm failing." I chuckled lightly, trying to ease the tension. Alexis sniffed and wiped her eyes. "I'm sorry." Alexis plopped on the bed and wiped her eyes. "Alexis?"
   "Yeah?"
   "This doesn't change anything."
   "Yes, it does. Don't lie, John." She grumbled.
   "I'm not. This is...different. I'll give you that but I still like you."
   "Why?"
   "Why not? You're cute, funny, smart, and all around amazing." I smiled, she blushed and I pulled her into my arms. "Nothing changes."
   "You really mean that?"
   "Yeah...I do." Alexis looked up at me and I smiled. She slid into my lap and I blushed.
   "You can kiss me now." I chuckled and pulled her chin forward.
   "I can?"
   "Mhm." She smiled, I pressed my lips against hers and she wrapped her arms around my neck as I held her hips. "Don't tell Laf or Herc?"
   "Why not?" I frowned.
   "I just-...Not yet?"
   "Ok."
   "So...How about some Minecraft?"
   "Is Martha still there?"
   "Yeah but she won't bother us. I promise. I'll talk to her."
   "Ok...Let me get dressed." She got up and I grabbed her wrist.
   "Alexis, wait-" She frowned at me and I looked up at her. "That's why they sent the male doctor?" She nodded slowly and bit her lip.
   "Nevis isn't the most accepting place." She mumbled, I pulled her into a tight hug and kissed her head.
   "I'm sorry." I whispered. "I'll be right outside. Take your time."