Phone Call

A/N - Merry late Chrysler. My room looks like Santa's Workshop threw up in it. ASK QUESTIONS!!!

John's POV

  "Then come home." I froze and Alexis' violet eyes widened behind her glasses.
   "'Come home'?" I asked quietly.
   "Yeah. If you love me you'll come home."
   "Mari, I can't..." I sat up and pushed the blankets off me. "You know what dad will do to me." I whispered.
   "So? He'll understand. You're too far from home, you'll start having those thoughts again." My breath hitched and I bit my lip.
   "I haven't. I'm fine. I love you."
   "Oh...alright. I'm coming to visit next week. Ok?"
   "Yeah...that's fine. You can stay in the guest room."
   "Ok. I'll see you soon then, babe."
   "See you soon. Love you."
   "Love you too." She hung up and I sighed, looking down at my hands. I felt arms wrap around my chest and I sniffed, trying desperately to keep the tears back. I gave in and crumbled into Alexis' arms. She gasped and pulled me up to hold me tightly. I cried into her chest and let her hold me.
   "It's ok, John." She whispered, running her fingers through my sloppy blonde hair and rubbing my shoulder.
   "I-I'm s-sorry." I sniffed, starting to pull away and trying to wipe my eyes.
   "No. Stop."
   "But-"
   "It's ok to be vulnerable."
   "But what about-...ya know..." I mumbled, flushing red from embarrassment.
   "I-...It doesn't matter." She sighed, yanking me back down to lay on her chest and continuing to play with my hair. "Just relax. Pretend I'm your girlfriend or something."
  "No...I'm gonna pretend you're Alexis."
   "Why?" She giggled.
   "Because you make me feel like myself." I hummed, reaching up and playing with her curls. She smiled and I looked up at her. "You should let your hair down."
  "Um-...I don't know..."
   "What are you talking about?"
   "I just don't think I look good with my hair down." She sighed, I grabbed my arms around her and dragged her out of bed. "Ow! Oh my god! John!"
   "Sorry. Come on!" I towed her into the bathroom and she frowned.
  "What are you doing?"
   "Take it down."
   "What-"
   "Now." She huffed and started pulling her ponytail out. She shook up her curls and huffed, staring at her reflection.
   "See...It's crazy."
   "I like it." I smiled, she blushed and I put my hands on her shoulders. "You should let it down more often."
   "Maybe..."
   "Totally." She giggled a bit and looked up at me.
   "Thanks, Jack." Her phone buzzed and she looked down at it. "Uh-...I should get going." She sighed pulling her hair back into a ponytail.
   "Oh, yeah. Come on." She followed me to my car and I drove her home. When I got back I started cleaning up our dishes and I bit my lip. I turned on the hot water and poured some soap on the sponge. I started cleaning all the dishes and put them in the dishwasher. I started it and smiled with satisfaction. I went into the game room and turned off my PC, glancing at Alexis' space. I gently turned it off and hung up her headset. I smiled to myself and turned off all the lights. I warmed up the shower and sighed heavily. I leaned against the wall and just let the water run down my chest. I couldn't help but think about Alexis. She was so sweet and beautiful. Martha is coming. I groaned and ran my fingers through my hair. It'll be ok. I pushed myself off the wall and washed up before the water could get cold. That night I laid in bed and stared up at the ceiling, just thinking.

   "Dude, get your head out of the clouds! Where the hell are you right now?" Laf asked, laughing lightly as we played Fortnite.
   "John, are you ok?" Alexis asked, slightly echoing over Laf's mic as well.
   "I'm fine. Just tired." I lied.
   "So when are we gonna get to meet this girlfriend you claim you have?" Herc chuckled.
   "She flies in tomorrow." I smiled.
   "Ooh! Fun! What are you guys gonna do?" Alexis asked.
   "I was thinking dinner and then Times Square." I smiled.
   "Oh, that's so romantic!" Alexis fawned.
   "I was thinking we could all meet up and play some games so y'all can meet her."
   "Hell yeah!"
   "Cool!"
   "Sounds like fun, Jack." I grinned and shot down some player, taking their loot. "Are you excited?"
   "Yeah." I smiled, hoping she couldn't hear the slight inflation of my voice.
   "That's good." Damn it. She heard it. Laf and Herc started bickering and my phone lit up.
Lexi <3 - What's wrong???

Me - I don't know

Me - She's just being imposing and I'm just worried

Lexi <3 - Worried about what?

Me - I want you to be separate. I want you to stay separate. I just don't want Martha to upset you or something.

Lexi <3 - Oh if you don't want me to meet her I won't

Me - No, please stay with me?

Lexi <3 - Ok I will I promise :)
   "Stop sexting." Laf interjected.
   "What!" Alexis yelped.
   "Dude, I just said my girlfriend was coming to town and you really think that's what we're doing?" I sighed, rubbing my face in anguish.
   "I dunno. I just figured I'd say something to get you two to stop."
   "Je te déteste littéralement. Qu'est ce qui ne vas pas chez toi?" Alex grumbled, I blushed and squeezed my eyes shut. You have a girlfriend, John. (I literally hate you. What is wrong with you?)

"Admettez simplement que vous l'aimez!" Laf hissed. (Just admit you like him!)

"Je ne! Ferme ta gueule!" Alexis grumbled. "Hola, Jamie! Como te fue en el trabajo?" (I don't! Shut the fuck up!) (Hey, Jaime! How was work?)

"No es bueno. Estaré en nuestra habitación." I heard James' faint voice mutter. (Not great. I'll be in our room.)

"Oh. Ok, Te traeré comida más tarde?" I didn't hear James' response but Alexis sighed so I don't think it was good. (Ok, I'll bring you food later?)

"Hey, Laf?" Herc asked. "Can you come with me to-" I stopped paying attention. I just thought about Alexis and Martha. I really hope Martha won't be a bitch to her.