Out At Sea

A/N - Ask questions also I'm gonna been eighteen in nine months and I kind wanna be a twitch streamer for extra money and my friends aren't says no-...is it a bad idea???

Alexandra's POV

   James gagged over the small plastic bag and I rolled my eyes. "Shut up." He grumbled, I giggled and sighed. I was laying down on a small bed in the hull of this stupid ship. I pretty much stay here most of the time. With the rocking of the ship it's hard for people to walk around and I don't wanna risk opening my wound. It's still healing. "How do you feel?"
   "Fine. It stings but that's normal." I sighed.
   "Excited to meet that boy?"
   "You know his name and yes. I am." I smiled.
   "I do know his name." James hummed mischievously. I rolled my eyes and James gagged again.
   "Are you ok?"
   "Yeah...Just a little seasick." He managed, the ship started rocking violently and James and I were thrown to the floor. I winced in pain and James helped me sit up.
   "What's going on?"
   "I don't know." He gagged a bit and I chuckled. "Let's get you back in bed." We got to our feet only for the ship to throw us in the other direction. I yelped in pain and gripped my shoulder. "I'll go see what's going on." He got up and made his way out of the small quarters. I struggled back into the bed and the ship rocked even more. I sighed heavily and held onto the bed frame tightly. James came back and grabbed a blanket. He pushed me against the bed frame and I frowned.
   "Jamie, what are you doing?" He wrapped the blanket around me and began positioning it over my chest.
   "Tying you to the bed frame."
   "What! Why!" He tied a knot and I huffed.
   "There's a storm. I don't want you getting anymore hurt than you already are."
   "A st-storm?"
   "Yes. It'll all be ok. We'll be ok." James hugged me and I buried my face in his chest. "I promise. We'll be just fine." We heard shouting above deck and a member of the crew burst into the room.
   "So...we need more hands on deck. James, can you help?"
   "Uh...sure. What's happening?"
   "Lightning struck the mast. We need to put out the fire before it catches the sails." James kissed my head and rushed out with the man. I held onto mama's locket and cried. I didn't know what else to do. I was so scared. James was in danger and I couldn't do anything. It was smart of him to tie the blanket around me. I'm in less pain than I would be if I was being thrown around like a rag-doll. I pulled my knees to my chest, ignoring the pain, and sobbed.
   "Alexis?" I opened my eyes and looked up. James smiled and gathered me in a hug.
   "Jamie!" I squealed, he was covered in soot and smelled like smoke. "I was so worried!" I cried, throwing my arms around him.
   "I'm here. I told you we'd be fine and we are." He kissed my head and I sniffed.
   "How much longer?"
   "Not too long. They said we should make landfall by dark." He smiled, I huffed and wiped my eyes.
   "I should start my makeup then."
   "Why? So you can look good for John?" James teased.
   "So I can look like a girl, Jimothy." I grumbled, James sighed and kissed my forehead.
   "You've always looked like a girl. I've been telling you since you were five."
   "So by that logic it's your fault." James gapped at me and I giggled.
   "I'm teasing you, Jimothy. If you wanna blame something blame dad and his stupid y chromosome." James snorted and rolled his eyes.
   "Whatever."