Dates

A/N - Ask ya questions

John's POV

   I woke up to my phone ringing and yawned, grabbing my phone. I answered it without looking and the screen lit up. "Oh, gosh! Did I wake you? I didn't mean to!" Alexis gushed.
   "It's alright. What's up?" I yawned.
   "I was gonna ask if you wanted to play some Fortnite or something. I'm bored." She muttered.
   "Yeah. Give me ten seconds." I pulled myself out of bed and yawned again. I grabbed a t-shirt and slipped it on before grabbing my phone, heading to the game room. I rolled my gamer chair in there and plopped down, booting up my XBOX. 
   "Sorry." Alexis mumbled again and I propped my phone up. 
   "It's alright. Come on." I logged in and Alexis and I started a game with two random players. Alexis muted herself in game and I smiled lightly. I muted myself and turned to her on the call. "Why do you always mute yourself when you play?" 
   "Huh? Oh...Cause I either get harassed or hit on and there's a fine line between the two." She sighed.
   "Aw...I'm sorry." 
   "Eh...It's fine." We fell quiet and I unmuted myself to talk to the others. 
   "Who's NonStop?" 
   "Oh, that's a friend of mine." I smiled, Alexis glanced at the screen and grinned. 
   "Oh, cool. Hey, dude." Alexis looked at me with slight panic and I chuckled. 
   "Her mic doesn't work."
   "'Her'?" The other one asked, Alexis huffed and shifted.
   "Yeah? What about it?"
   "It's lame to play with your girlfriend, man." I frowned and Alexis looked at the camera.
   "She's not my girlfriend. We're just friends." 
   "Yeah, right. Any guy who plays games with girls are looking to warm their dicks." Alexis looked away and I glared at my screen. I shot the guy down and Alexis shot the other one. 
   "That's not fucking true. Alexis is a better player than you and always will be." I snapped, the guys logged off and I sighed. 
   "Sorry about that."
   "It's fine." 
   "None of what he said was true, by the way. How could you possibly warm my dick? You live in another country." I chuckled, Alexis laughed and smiled. We played for about thirty more minutes and I gasped. We got a Victory Royale. We fucking won. I looked at Alexis, she didn't seem phased. She looked at me and smiled. 
   "First Victory?" She asked, I just stared at her. I meant what I said yesterday, she was very pretty. Her tan skin showing off her freckles and strangely violet eyes. Her curly red hair pulled back in a neat ponytail and a pair of large round glasses sitting on her nose. She had a subtle amount of make up on and some eyeliner with a sparkly pink lip gloss. She was so pretty, I couldn't help but stare. "John?"
   "What?" I snapped out of my trance and cleared my throat. "Sorry. Uh-"
   "I asked if this was your first Victory." 
   "Oh...Yeah. It is." I smiled. "Thanks."
   "What'd I do?" She frowned.
   "Carried my stupid ass this whole game." 
   "No!" She laughed. "We were a team." She grinned, I smiled a bit and I felt my face get a little hot. We played a few more rounds and laughed and talked about random things. I checked the time and sighed. 
   "Hey, I have to go."
   "Oh, ok."
   "Sorry." 
   "Nah, it's cool. Why do you have to go?" 
   "I-uh-...I have a date." 
   "Ooh!" Alexis teased. "Who's the lucky lady?" 
   "Uh...My girlfriend." I chuckled.
   "Aw! Cute!" She giggled, I chuckled a bit and got up. I grabbed my phone and started pushing my chair back to my room. "Have fun!" 
   "Thanks." I smiled. "Bye." 
   "Bye!" She hung up and I smiled. It quickly fell when I remembered that I still had a stupid date. 

   "Really?" 
   "What?" I frowned.
   "You couldn't have made an effort to look nice?" I looked down at my button-up, leather jacket, and slacks and frowned.
   "I dressed up." Martha scoffed and towed me into the restaurant. It wasn't a very fancy restaurant but it wasn't a burger place either. We were seated and I started looking over the menu. 
   "Let me see your phone." 
   "What?" I frowned. 
   "Give me your phone." 
   "Why?"
   "Because I said so. Why are you being so defensive? Do you have something to hide?"
   "No. It's my phone and my privacy."
   "Then let me see." I sighed and handed her my phone. "Who's 'NonStop'?" 
   "A gamer friend." I sighed, smiling lightly at the thought of Alexis. I quickly let the smiled fall and frowned. What the fuck was that? 
   "Name?"
   "Alexis."
   "A girl?"
   "Yes." I sighed, reading though the menu still. Martha snatched it from me and I jumped.
   "You're talking to another girl?" 
   "What? She's just a friend, Mari."
   "Fucking lair! 'Hey, John! I wanted to ask what that college was called again so we could go together'." Martha read off. 
   "She lives in another country, Martha. She just wants to go to college."
   "Yeah, so you can fuck her!" 
   "Will you keep your voice down. We're just friends. I love you and you alone, Mari." That was a lie. I don't love her. 
   "Really! I love you too." She grinned, I smiled and she kept going through my phone. I sighed as she went through my texts and Snapchat and busied myself with the menu. A waitress came to take my order and I thanked her after I ordered. She smiled and left and Martha glared at me. "Do you have to flirt with the waitress?"
   "What? I was just being nice. You should try it sometime." Martha turned red with anger and stormed off to the bathroom. 

   I flopped down on the bed and sighed. My phone lit up with a call from Alexis and I sighed heavily. I put on a smile and answered it. "Hey!"