Untitled Part 62

Alexandra's POV

"Hola, Jamie." I hummed as I plopped on the bed and started taking off my shoes.
"Hey." He mumbled groggily as he turned toward me and sat up. "How was class?"
"Fine...Dad showed up."
"What?" He frowned.
"Yeah...He outed me to everyone."
"What!"
"It's ok...John already got mad at him." I sighed lightly and flopped back. "He called me by my name."
"I don't know why he keeps dead naming y-"
"No...'Alexis'. He called me 'Alexis'." I huffed.
"He did?"
"Yeah...So he could see the locket."
"You showed him?"
"Yeah...I-...I had too. It felt like I had too. I mean...We lost mom...He lost all three of us."
"He left us, Alex. It was his decision!" He barked, I sighed and crawled over to him.
"I know..." I sighed.
"I'm gonna talk to him tomorrow. I'm tired of all this dead naming business and outing you. I'll kill him."
"Ok...Hey, I wanted to ask you something." I mumbled.
"What?"
"John has to go back to South Carolina for Christmas and-"
"Be careful and make sure you call me every night."
"Wait, really!" I gasped, hopping up and grinning.
"Yup. You're right, I've been babying you. I love you, ok. I've just been trying to keep you safe that's all." He smiled.
"I know." I sighed, pecking his cheek and hugging him. "You're the best big brother I could ever ask for." I smiled, James took a steadying breath and blinked back his tears.
"You're the best little sister I could ever ask for." He grinned, I smiled and gathered a change of clothes.
"I know. I'm kind of awesome. It's crazy." I hummed, bouncing out of the room and into the hall. Laf looked up from his phone and smiled.
"Hey."
"Hello."
"Can I use the bathroom real quick? It'll be like a minute, promise."
"Sure." I hummed, leaning against the wall.
"Thanks." He went in and locked the door. I played with my curls as I waited and soon he was out. "Uh...I heard what happened at school." He sighed.
"Oh..."
"Yeah...I heard John was about to kick his ass." He laughed lightly, I smiled a bit and huffed.
"Yeah. I stopped him. I didn't want him getting in trouble or something." I sighed.
"Ah...Right. Well...At least it wasn't me." He chuckled awkwardly, I laughed and smiled.
"That's true." I smiled, he laughed a bit and I shifted. I hugged him tightly and he gasped. "I'm sorry. I've been kind of mean to you. I shouldn't have been. I'm sorry." I mumbled, he hugged back and I bit my lip.
"No, I've definitely been a dick. I didn't wanna ruin my friendship with Herc and I used you to do it." I huffed, I smiled a bit and we pulled away. "I'm sorry."
"Friends?" I asked.
"Friends." He smiled. "Goodnight, Alexis."
"Night." I smiled, heading into the bathroom and turning on the shower.

A Couple Days Later

"Jamie, have you seen my-"
"This?" He asked, holding out my makeup bag and smiling.
"Yeah, thanks." I sighed, taking it and putting it in the suitcase. John and I were leaving tomorrow for South Carolina and we're both nervous. I am meeting his parents for the first time and he is going home after yelling at his dad and coming out to him, this was gonna be fun.
"Remember you need to call me every night and-"
"'Stay safe', I know, James." I sighed, sitting on the bed and zipping up my suitcase. "I'll be fine, I promise." I smiled, kissing his cheek.
"I know. I just-...I've never been without you for this long. I'm worried about you."
"You don't need to worry, James. I'll be ok. Promise." I smiled, he hugged me tightly and sighed.
"Alright, alright. Overbaring brother, I get it." I giggled a bit and flopped back on the bed.
"I'm nervous."
"Yeah...That makes sense." James hummed, laying down as well and yawning. "Get some sleep. You'll feel better in the morning." He hummed, I nodded and curled up next him.

"Alexis!" I heard Martha call, I bit my lip and James grabbed my bags for me. We headed downstairs and John grinned at me.
"Good morning, Lexis." He hummed, giving me a hug and a kiss on the head. "Ready?"
"Yeah." I smiled, we headed out to the car and James loaded my bags into the trunk. John got in the car to give James and I a minute. I smiled lightly, turning to James and throwing my arms around him. "I'm gonna miss you. I love you." I sniffed.
"I know. I'll miss you too. Stay safe and call every night. Promise?"
"I promise." I smiled.
"Thank you. I love you." He kissed my cheek and smiled. "Bye." He hugged me once more and I smiled.
"Bye." I got in the car and John smiled at me before pulling off. I waved to James one more time and he waved back as we headed off.
"You ok, baby?" John asked quietly, taking my hand in his as I relaxed into the seat.
"Yeah...I just-...I've never spent more than a night away from James. He's my brother...I don't know." I mumbled.
"Wanna stay?" He asked quietly. "I'm not gonna make you go. If you want to stay just say the word and I'll turn around, love." I smiled lightly and looked ahead.
"No...I can't rely on him forever, right?"
"I guess you're right." He smiled, taking a turn and kissing my hand.
"Besides, I'm really glad to be going with you. I know you don't wanna go alone so I'm here for you, Jacky." I smiled, John smiled lightly and squeezed my hand tightly.
"Thanks, Lexis." He smiled. "Now, let's go before we miss our fuckin' flight."