Hamilton

A/N - Bleh

Alexandra's POV

   James climbed in the backseat and grinned. "You got all dolled up for me, huh, John?" He teased, John glared at him and I giggled.
   "No. Your sister insisted." He grumbled.
   "He looks very handsome, doesn't he?" I grinned, patting John's shoulder as he pulled onto the road.
   "Sure." James chuckled, I smiled and John grumbled something about his hair. He took us to some diner and we were seated quickly. John sat down and I slid into the booth next to him. James grabbed a menu and squinted at the words. "Alexis? What's all this say?"
   "Oh!" I started reading things to him and John rubbed my back.
   "Hey, I'm James, I'll be your server. What can I get you three?" James and I froze and John frowned. "Do you need a minute?"
   "Um-...Yes, please." John smiled, the man walked away and James and I let out a sigh of relief. "What the fuck happened to you two?"
   "That's him." I hissed, John looked at James then our father and his eyes widened.
   "Oh, holy fuck." John gasped. "What are we supposed to do?"
   "Order and pray?" James grumbled, I bit my lip hard and John wrapped an arm around my waist. After a couple minutes, he came back and John was the first to order. I nudged him and he ordered for me. Now it was James' turn. He took a slow breath and looked up. He began ordering and the older man stared. I'd forgotten how much James resembled our father until they were side by side and I could tell John saw it too.
   "Uh-...I'm so sorry. I missed what you said. Uh-" He stammered, James reordered and the older man hurried off. I let out a sigh of relief and bit my lip hard.
   "That was awkward." John muttered, I giggled a bit and leaned against him.
   "I think he recognized me." James mumbled.
   "Yeah..." I mumbled, John took my hand and squeezed it. I smiled and James leaned forward. We started chatting about school and soon our father (who will now be referred to as Hamilton) had returned with our drinks. He set them down and John started to just suck all of his down aggressively.
   "Your food will be out in a bit." James and John nodded and Hamilton left.
   "John, let me pay."
   "No way. I said I was treating you two to lunch-"
   "Let me pay, damn it!"
   "John-"
   "Alright, alright. How about I give you some cash and you can give it to him. That way I'm paying but it looks like you are. Ok?"
   "Fine." John slipped James some money and James stuffed it in his wallet. After several minutes Hamilton delivered our food and stood there awkwardly. I didn't dare look up, I was too afraid.
   "James?" Hamilton asked slowly, James bit his lip and looked up slowly. "Is-uh-Is that you?"
   "Father..." He grumbled.
   "Oh god...Can I sit?"
   "Sure." James mumbled, moving over to let him sit.
   "So...Are these you friends?"
   "Yes..."
   "Where's Alexander." I bit my lip hard and John rubbed my thigh.
   "Right here." I mumbled, he looked over at me and I sat up straight. "Dad." He stared at me for a minute and I bit my lip.
   "Wow...Um-...Alex-"
   "Alexis." I corrected.
   "Alex, you know-"
   "Alexis!" James and John barked at once. Hamilton looked at James and raised an eyebrow.
   "James, you know this is-"
   "What? Not right?" James chuckled. "You wanna talk about things 'not being right'?" He spat, making air quotes as John pulled me a little closer to him. "You left. You just fucking left!"
   "That's not the same thing. Where's your mother?"
   "She's dead." James growled.
   "What would she say if she saw you, Alexander?"
   "You have no right to lecture me and tell me what's right or wrong! My name is Alexis! My pronouns are she/her!"
   "This is absurd. Enough with this, Alex. You look ridiculous." I felt tears pricking at my eyes and I got up.
   "Alexis, wait-" John started as I hurried off to the bathroom. "Congratulations, you fucked up again."