NonStop

A/N - Hello, hello. I'm back from the grave with another trash book. There will be a Q&A like Words and Coveted Love. Ask questions all the time and they will get answered. Also fun thing the cover is the first one I've had draw for me by the lovely MariaSaysYes (it won't let me tag you dear) Go follow her right now

John's POV

   "No! Laf-Oh my fucking god! You're so stupid!" I groaned, picking up his loot. 
   "What! It's not my fault!"
   "I literally told you-"
   "Hey, fuck you, man!" 
   "Both of you stop!" Herc interjected. 
   "It's over. It's done. Just chill out." Herc hummed, I sighed and went back to playing. We were playing Fortnite in squads and Laf is an idiot and now he's dead. After a few minutes Herc and I died and I huffed. We loaded up another game and waited for another player. There's only three of us so we have to play with one rando. Someone logged in and we started the game. The player's screen name was 'NonStop' and I chuckled a bit. 
   "Hey, NonStop. Do you ever log off?" I teased, they turned and shot me. "Alright then. It was a joke." We made it a lot farther in the game than we usually do with this new player. Laf started flirting with Herc again and I rolled my eyes, going to a building to look for loot. 
   "Baguette, on your left!" A girl's voice rang through the call. I froze. I've never actually played with a girl. 
   "You're a girl?" Oh no. Laf is kind of a dick sometimes.
   "Yeah." NonStop replied.
   "You're good for a girl. Hey, can I have your number?"
   "Uh-"
   "Laf, shut the fuck up. She's not 'good for a girl', she's just plain good. The only reason you've lasted this long is because of her. I highly doubt she wants your number. Just leave her alone."
   "Damn...Alright." Laf grumbled, I heard NonStop laughing and I smiled. "I was just asking." 
   "I don't want your number. That's creepy." I snorted and NonStop giggled.
   "Simp!" Herc called, I rolled my eyes and sighed.
   "If you wanna call me a simp for respecting women that that's your prerogative." I hummed, Hercules fell silent and I smirked. We kept playing and soon it was just NonStop and I. "Hey, sorry about Laf. He can be a bit of a jerk sometimes." 
   "Is he the one with the baguette?" 
   "Oh, yeah." 
   "Is he French?" 
   "Yeah. He's an exchange student in New York." 
   "Cool." She hummed. "Where do you live? You sound a little twangy." 
   "'Twangy'? Wow. Never heard that one before. Uh...I live in South Carolina."
   "Is that the one where everything is bigger?" 
   "That's Texas. Do you not live in the U.S.?" 
   "No, I live in the French West Indies." 
   "Oh, wow. Aren't those islands like...impoverished?" 
   "Oh, yeah. Hella." 
   "Really?"
   "Yeah. We don't even have education here."
   "Damn. That sucks. Sorry to hear that." 
   "Eh...It's fine. To each their own, ya know?" 
   "Yeah..."
   "What about you? Is South Carolina impoverished?" 
   "Um...no. It's middle class mostly but-...I may or may not be rich?" NonStop laughed a bit and I sighed. 
   "That's gotta be fun."
   "Nah...I don't know." 
   "Hey, your problems are still problems. Spill it." 
   "Uh...ok. I don't have a choice in what I wanna do in life. Everything is planned out for me. I have to take over my dad's stupid company."
   "Oh...Really? What do you want to do?" 
   "I-...It's dumb."
   "No, come on!"
   "I wanna be an artist." I mumbled.
   "Cool! You should tell your dad to screw himself."
   "Easier said than done." I sighed, I started getting shot at and I jolted. NonStop shot the guy down all while humming a cute little tune. "Jesus Christ. You're an amazing player." 
   "Oh...Thanks." She chuckled a bit and I shifted. 
   "Um...Do you think we can play more often? I'm not trying to be a creep. Laf and Herc can be jerks sometimes and they kind of drag me down a bit." 
   "Oh...Um...Sure." 
   "Really? Awesome! Can I have your discord? Do you have a-"
   "Yeah. I've got one. Here." She told me and I sent the request. "Oh, your name is John? I thought it was Sam?"
   "Sam Adams is a brand of beer, dude."
   "Oh!" She laughed, I chuckled and smiled. 
   "What's your name?"
   "Alexis. Well-...Alexandra but Alexis...Yeah." She chuckled a bit and I smiled.
   "That's very pretty."
   "Thanks!" She giggled. We played a few more rounds together and soon my mom was calling me down for dinner. 
   "Hey, I gotta hop off. I'll talk to you later." 
   "Ok. Bye!" I pulled my headset off and turned off my XBOX. I trotted downstairs and plopped in my seat at the dinner table. My father glanced at me and sighed.
   "What?" 
   "You couldn't have made an effort to clean up at all?" I looked down at my hoodie and shorts and frowned.
   "Oh, leave him alone, Henry." My mother smiled. "He's fine." 
   "No, he's not. Look at him! He looks like he belongs on the streets! I can't believe you let him cut his hair like that and get piercings." My father scoffed. I sighed and poked at my food. When I turned eighteen last year I got my ears and lip pierced and I've had the sides of my head shaved for two years now. My hair is long on top so when it's messed up it covers the sides. I like the way it looks. My father, on the other hand, hates it.

   I flopped on the bed and my phone buzzed. I huffed and picked it up. I saw a message from Alexis and smiled. 
NonStop - I have a question about American college

Me - What is it?

NonStop - Is there a way that you could go to college without having any prior education.

Me - Uh...Idk I think you just need a pretty good SAT score. You should look it up. There's a website called College Board you should check there. 

NonStop - Cool thank you hru?

Me - Shitty

NonStop - Aw why?

Me - My dad's just being an asshole

NonStop - Oh, I'm sorry.
   We chatted for a little while and soon my dad was yelling at me to go to bed. I said my goodbyes and curled up on the corner of my bed with my sketchbook and a small flashlight. I held the flashlight between my teeth and sketched a landscape for no reason, slowly falling asleep.