Untitled Part 64

Alexandra's POV

I sighed lightly as John pressed the doorbell and fidgeted with my hand. "Nervous?" I asked gently.
"No...shit sherlock. Last time I talked to my dad I yelled at him and told him I'm..." John trailed off and I bit my lip.
"Bisexual." I finished for him, he did't say anything and I sighed again. "Come on, Jack. We've talked about this."
"I know but I can't-" The door swung open and he looked up.
"John!" The woman gasped. "Oh, it's so good to see you, sweetheart!" She hugged John tightly and he chuckled.
"Hey, Ma." He chuckled, peeling her off and smiling.
"Oh my gosh! You must be Alexis." She gasped, practically pushing John out of the way and pulling me into a hug. I flushed red and laughed awkwardly. "You are so much more gorgeous in person." She gushed, pulling away.
"Ma, can we go inside? It's hot." John chuckled awkwardly.
"I get it, I get it. I'm hovering. Alright. In y'all come inside." She ushered us into the fucking massive house and closed the door.
"Eleanor! Who was at the door!" A man barked as he entered the room.
"Your son, Dear." John's mom hummed, John drew himself up to his full height and tried to look like he didn't hate being here.
"Oh...John." He muttered. "I'll be in my study." He grumbled, trudging away. John relaxed and shifted. Eleanor sighed and looked up at John.
"I'm sorry, honey. He's just-"
"What else is new?" John muttered bitterly, Eleanor sighed lightly and put on a smile.
"I'm glad you're home, dear. I'm sure your father is too. He just has a funny way of showing it."
"He's always had a funny way of showing it." John grumbled. A small woman entered the room and Eleanor turned toward her.
"Mr. Laurens would like to see John in his study." She hummed, John groaned and turned toward me.
"Stay here." He grumbled, pressing a kiss on my cheek and following her down the hall. I shifted awkwardly and Eleanor sighed.
"Oh dear." She sighed. "Off to a great start." She laughed lightly and turned to me. "Oh, let me get a look at you, dear. John has shown me a few pictures before but he rarely brings any girls home." She hummed.
"Oh-" I mumbled a bit, blushing as she looked me up and down.
"Gosh, you're just gorgeous-" She began with a bit of a laugh. "-and it's clear you make my son very happy." I laughed lightly and bit my lip. "John was so devestated when he hurt you were hurt. I thought he was gonna end things with Martha when he met you but I guess not. He's told me about your situation. If Henry says anything you tell me ok?"
"Yes, ma'am." I hummed.
"Oh, please, sweetie. Call me Eleanor." She smiled, I nodded a bit and she opened her mouth to continue talking.
"BECAUSE YOU'RE A FUCKING EMBARRASSMENT!" A voice I assumed was John's dad's boomed, I jumped slightly and Eleanor glared in the direction of the voice.
"HOW DOES THAT MAKE ME A FUCKING EMBARRASSMENT!" John yelled back, I sighed lightly and Eleanor huffed.
"YOU ARE FUCKING GAY!"
"I'M NOT GAY, FATHER!" I bit my lip, knowing how fragile John is with his sexuality, and looked worriedly at Eleanor.
"CLOSE ENOUGH! I WILL NOT HAVE A FA-"
"DON'T YOU DARE FINISH THAT WORD!" John barked, Eleanor started down the hall and I hurried after. John and his dad starting bickering more and Eleanor threw the door open.
"ENOUGH! Both of you!" She huffed.
"You do not yell at me, son."
"And you do not yell at your son, Henry." Eleanor huffed. "He's come home to spend time with us for the holiday and you're berating him. He won't want to come home anymore." She huffed.
"Fine by me. I don't want a disgrace in my household anyhow." Henry grumbled, John shifted and I bit my lip.
"John, why don't you take Alexis up to your room? I'll call you when lunch is ready."
"Ok, Ma." John muttered, he swept past me and I rushed after him.
"Jack?" I asked quietly, he didn't say anything. He just slipped his fingers in mine and led me through the halls. He led me up some stairs and down another hall. He pushed open a door and sighed lightly. He plopped on the bed in the corner and I looked around. "Is this your bedroom?"
"Yeah." He muttered, I looked around for a bit before sitting on the bed and slipped my hand up his shirt to rest on his stomach.
"Are you ok?"
"Not really." He mumbled, I sighed lightly and laid beside him. I took his face in his my hands and kissed him gently. "I'm sorry, baby. I shouldn't've asked you t-" He trailed off, tears starting to brim in his ocean eyes. A tear slipped down his cheek and I gently wiped it off. "Why'd he have to say that?"
"He's an ass?" I offered, John chuckled lightly and pulled me closer.
"I love you. I'm sorry I left you with Ma. She didn't say anything weird, did she? She can get kinda weird sometimes." He mumbled.
"No." I laughed. "She does talk a lot though."
"Oh, yeah. Definitely." John laughed, I smiled and kissed his cheek.
"John, Alexis!" Eleanor called, John whined a bit and sighed. We headed downstairs and into a dining room. Henry was sitting at the head of the table and Eleanor was leaning against the door way. "I've added a seat beside you, Jack." She smiled, John nodded and led me to our seats.
"Do you need help with the food or anything?" I asked politely, Henry started laughing and John glared at him.
"John, you choose this over Martha?" He laughed.
"Henry!" Eleanor gasped. "No, honey. Don't worry about it." She smiled sweetly, I sat beside John and looked around the dining room. Some more children entered the room and a girl gasped.
"John!" She grinned, John got up and the girl hugged him tightly.
"Hey, Patsy." John grinned, they sat down and some people came out with plates. A plate was set in front of me and John's family joined hands. My eyes widened slightly and John gave me a bit of a pleading look. I took his hand and John's sister's hand and Henry started to pray. When they finished they started eating and I glanced around the table. Literally no one was talking. It was the most uncomfortable I've ever been in my fucking life. They were all sitting there in complete silence as they ate. I decided to just eat so we could get this over with.
"So-" Henry started. "John, will you be attending the ball?"
"Yes, sir." John muttered.
"Are you bringing the girl?"
"Yes, sir."
"Ugh...Makes sure she, at least, looks presentable." He huffed, John slammed his hands on the table and glared at his father.
"She looks 'presentable' now." He growled, making air quotes and narrowing his eyes.
"That's debatable." He sighed. "Have you forgotten your manners?" He glared at John and he huffed.
"No but I'm not going to let you direspect my girlfriend like that."
"John-" I started.
"That's your girlfriend!" The older of the two boys laughed.
"Harry!" Eleanor gasped. "That's exeptionally rude."
"John's causing a scene again and I'm the one getting in trouble!" Little Henry protested.
"All of you, that's enough." Eleanor sighed. "Harry, that was a very rude thing to say. John, no yelling at the table. Henry, that was rude as well. I expect more from the three of you. I'm so sorry, Alexis."
"It's fine." I smiled awkwardly, returning to my food and glancing at John.