S2: 18 | Hanging out with Jonah

"Love is patient. Love is kind. And well, I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure.." - an excerpt from one of I. Toledo's books.

Chapter Eighteen
-

"OKAY, NOW FAVORITE food!" I enthusiastically beamed at Jonah.

Jonah scrunched up his nose and furrowed his eyebrows as he started thinking.

"Lucky charms." He answered.

The two of us were walking around town. Jonah didn't exactly tell me where we were going. I don't even know if we have an itinerary. But I'm having fun talking with him nevertheless. He thought about playing the game 21 questions, and of course, I agreed. 21 questions is fun.

It's about ten in the evening now and the streets are almost empty.

Is it just me or do these boys really love the dark?

Eh, beats me.

I playfully slapped his arm, "That isn't real food!"

He gasped in faux offense. "How dare you call LC fake!"

"Well it is fake food." I stuck a tongue out at him. "I thought you were the french cuisine kind of guy, to be honest."

He pouted. "I like french cuisine but Lucky Charms still has my heart."

I shook my head at him, laughing lightly. "You're weird."

"Hey you're weird too." He stuck his tongue out at me.

I rolled my eyes at him. "Hey aren't you gonna ask what my favorite food is?"

"It's kind of obvious." He smiled lightly, shooting me a side glance.

"It's shawarma-in-a-pita."

"How did you know?" I asked, kicking a pebble on the sidewalk.

Jonah smiled to himself, looking straight into the distance. "Well you know how I cooked food for the boys whenever they wanted me to during the reality show?"

I nodded.

"Well, I always found you in the kitchen." He remembered, a small smile settling on his face.

He met my eyes, making me freeze momentarily. "You were always making shawarma-in-a-pita."

I felt my face heat up in embarrassment, and I ducked my head so he won't see.

I can't believe he noticed my kitchen escapades.

I've always thought I was stealthy.

You know.. like a spy.

I felt Jonah's eyes on me and my cheeks heated up some more.

"I've always found it cute, you know?"

I peeked at him through my blonde locks. "What?"

He smiled cutely and lightly chuckled. "The way you get all red when I point out something I notice about you."

I bit my lip, knowing full well that I must be as red as a tomato now. "Well, I don't want to 'get all red' now, do I?"

"I don't know." He shrugged, jutting his bottom lip out cheekily. "You could be doing it on purpose."

I jokingly punched his arm. "Oh shut up."

Jonah suddenly stopped in his tracks and that's when I noticed that we were already at wherever Jonah decided to take me tonight.

I looked up and saw the light from the shop illuminating the street lightly. It's exterior screamed trouble, and it didn't seem like the type of place I would expect Jonah Marais, the responsible dad of the man band Why Don't We would bring an innocent girl to.