S2: 19 | My Promise to Jonah

"Everything's frozen, nothing but you and I" - Fallin, Jonah Marais- Why Don't We

Chapter Nineteen
-

"IT WILL STAY red for the next two weeks, so here's a cream you can use to help it." Ginny handed Jonah a small tube of cream that will supposedly help ease the reddening of Jonah's new tattoo.

It's been two hours since the start of Jonah's tattoo session, and Ginny just finished about three minutes ago.

I just got back from the back room with two boxes of Pocky and two bottles of lemon juice when the two started conversing about Jonah's new tattoo.

I'm pretty sure he has it on his back, which is now covered by the dark gray hoodie and black cardigan he has been wearing since the beginning of the evening. I want to see the tattoo but I think I'll have to wait until Jonah and I go out and trek home before I do that- otherwise, If I ask him to lift up his shirt here, it might add on to Ginny's list of proof that we are dating.

I mean, that lady is cool and all, but I could hear her blabbering about Jonah and I'd supposed relationship and how we looked so good together, it was inevitable that we dated while I was in the back room.

I stuffed the two boxes of Pocky and the two juice boxes in Jonah's cardigan pocket and he momentarily glanced at me while I was doing it. I shrugged in response and he looked back at Ginny who was talking to him.

"Thanks Auntie Gin." Jonah grinned, flashing her another one of those charming TV-ready smiles that he has.

Oh and did I not mention to you that he and Ginny are on Auntie-Nephew terms now?

God, a lot of things happening two hours.

I mean, I literally almost emptied out Ginny's pantry for God's sake!

There weren't any real food there just chocolates, biscuits, and junk food- but I loved them all.

Hey, did you know that if you dipped nachos in chocolate dip, it's absolutely flickity flucking heaven?

Ha, well it is.

You should go try it sometime.

I zoned back in Jonah and Ginny's conversation and saw Jonah yawn. He must be really sleepy now. Same here, I'm knackered.

I glanced at the huge clock attached to the wall. It's already twelve thirty-five in the evening.

"We'll head out now." I shot Ginny a small smile, my hand absentmindedly enclosing around Jonah's wrist.

I felt him freeze under my touch for a moment before he relaxed. "It was nice meeting you, Auntie Gin. The reviews on Instagram were right, you're really great at what you do."

Ginny blushed and grinned at us. "Ah, I know I'm the best."

"The two of you stay safe on your way home!" She waved at us as we exited her tattoo parlour and started our trek to the hotel.

On our way home.

Home.

What did she mean by that?

"She said home." I couldn't stop myself from pointing it out.

Jonah glanced at me and stuffed his hands in his pockets.

"Yeah, she did." He said in a mellow tone.

"What does she mean by that?" I asked, an empty feeling setting in my stomach from out of nowhere. "She knows we're not from 'round here, you told her."