Chapter One

"GET YOUR SLIMY hands off of my computer, Jane!" I growled at my ten-year old pest of a sister as I barged into my room, trying to shoo her away.

The pink tutu-clad pest ran around inside my room, and I couldn't be bothered to run after her. I was exhausted. I had no energy to chase a pest.

I sighed.

Okay, maybe she's not really a pest.

She's human for God's sake! She's got a head, a body, and a brain, and a heart, and-you get what I mean.

However, she's a pesky little human who likes to feed on my emotional and physical pain. That little twerp always tells on me.

I swear to God, she's the devil's spawn.

It was 6 o'clock in the evening when I came back from an errand my mom asked me to do- grocery shopping. It's what my mom likes to call it. I, on the other hand, think its just an excuse to get me out of bed and socialize.

How the heck do you even socialize in a mall?

Do you say hello to every stranger you meet?

Because I'm totally down for it if that's what you mean-not.

I ate dinner alone at McDonald's today. No human interaction whatsoever, except when I ordered.

Now that is the type of human interaction I can handle.

All the rest, I'm just too lazy to talk to, rto see, to notice.

Doesn't my mom understand that I'm a very antisocial seventeen year old?

I mean hello, Mom? I graduated high school already. Skipped a grade early, because all I do is study.

Oh look a rhyme.

I could start doing poetry and even marry a rich guy from a foreign country.

Damn.

I love planning my future.

I was cut off of my reverie when something icky and wet came in contact with my right hand that was positioned on top of the computer table.

I looked down at it and saw saliva.

When I turned around to scold the girl in pigtails, I saw no one.

She got away again!

"Mom! Jane licked my hand!"

I know, I know. I'm too old to tell on my sister.

But let me tell you this.

I don't give a single flickity fluck.

That twerp will be the end of me, I swear.

"I did not!" I heard Jane whine, my mother cooing at her in the background.

"Stop accusing your sister, Charlotte Elora!" I heard her say from downstairs.

"Ugh. Mom, it's Lotte!" I scowled.