S2: 52| Zach Herron

"Can we try one more time? I'll make it better." Zayn Malik, Gotta Be You (One Direction)

Chapter Fifty-two

-

"HELLO?" I SLID the answer button when I saw that somebody was calling my phone at half-past nine on a cold winter evening.

It was an unknown number, so I had to be careful. Who knows? Maybe it's another one of those paparazzi that do everything in their power just to get some type of input from us.

Being famous is great. But being famous, much like its pros, has its cons. We never get our privacy.

I know this whole fame thing is what I had wanted when I made that song cover of Shawn Mendes' Stitches. When it went viral, I was ecstatic. It was like everything I wanted was finally happening. And it was.. everything I wanted at that time. The fame, meeting the boys and then forming a band with them, and the best part was getting to do what I love on a daily basis- make music.

But now.. something's missing.

Sure, I love my job. I love making people happy and touching their lives with our band's music.

But it's not everything I want in my life anymore.

My life, much like everyone else's changed when the reality show was launched.

And no. It's not just because of Lotte.

I know Charlotte changed our lives. Our day-to-day boringness was replaced with thrill, happiness, and complete utter destruction here and there.. but she changed us. She made us happy.

But that's not it.

My life wasn't flipped upside down like Jonah's, Corbyn's, and Daniel's because of Lotte.

My life changed..

My perception of everything in the universe changed..

Because of Trina.

Mi amor, Trina Addison.

The face I gaze at every evening before I go to sleep, the only one I always want to see when I wake up, the name that my heart screams into the wilderness on repeat, and the only woman I will ever love.

When I met her for the very first time when the reality show was just starting, it was pure bliss. She didn't seem fazed by me. In fact, I knew she was a die-hard fan from her applications- but.. but she didn't launch herself at me like some crazed lunatic fangirl on the streets when she caught me stealing some leftover chipotle from the fridge at 12 in the morning of April 25, 2019.

"Excuse me?" A shy, timid voice asked from behind me, making me jump, startled.

I immediately looked behind me and saw a girl that Lotte Ryans- the non-fangirl in the show- was always with. I assume that they're friends. 

"Oops." She giggled when she saw my startled state. "Sorry for startling you."

Her giggle made my breath hitch and my heart race. 

Oh God, what is happening to me? 

Is this post-Fortnite feels? 

Hey, don't judge. I was playing Fortnite all night and only went out to get a midnight snack-chipotle, aka the best kind of food in the world from the fridge when this girl startled me.

"O-Oh, um.." I internally scolded myself for acting like such a wuss. I felt my cheeks heat up as the girl with beautiful baby doll eyes looked at me expectantly. "It's alright."