S2: 32 | Voicemails

"There's this girl I really hate. Her name's Lizzie." - Author, Boy Band Games

Chapter Thirty-two
-

THE COFFEE MAKER continually emitted static machine sounds that filled the kitchen. I was sat on the dark brown breakfast nook stool, watching a black haired guy with electric blue eyes prepare coffee for brunch.

It has been thirty minutes since I listened to the voicemail I received last night. I clutched my phone in my rough hands, checking my notifications if something had changed.

Nothing.

I sighed to myself. Did I make the right decision?

"I don't know if I'm too late, can I ask you out on a date?" The joyous laughter of the brunette boy with piercing sea green eyes spilled through the phone earlier.

I remember straining tears from my eyes when I heard his offer.

"I know you're gonna refuse, but it's alright if I'm not the one you choose. Those three boys really are fuck ups, please know that I'm still your back-up." He laughed, making me double over in laughter, with tears stinging my eyes.

"Anyway-" He cleared his throat. "Lotte, just give me this one chance, to take you out to dance."

"I made that pick-up line intentionally long so that you would actually listen to this message." He chuckled. "That pick-up line is legit though. Can I take you out on a birthday date? I know it's too much to ask because we just met, but whatever. Who cares anyway? Jack and Rose had a fucking one night stand and everyone thinks they're the couple of the century! Even Romeo and Juliet were a couple of lame-os who fell in love, so why don't we?" He laughed.

"Okay that was a bad pun." He chuckled. "Anyway, I'm in Paris this week. If you're wondering how I found out about your birthday, ask your sister Jane, I dm-ed her on Instagram and she replied to me. She didn't even ask how I knew you- but I guess it's kinda obvious how. She promised to give me your number and tell me your birthday as long as I sent her some money." He guffawed, sending me into a fit of laughter.

That sounds like Jane alright.

"She asked for two hundred bucks."

That slimy pest of a sister!

Don't tell me he actually gave her the money-

"And I sent her the money."

Jordan you dumbass!

"If you reply, it's gonna be worth the price." He laughed again. "Anyway, just text me back. I'm looking forward to your response- wow that sounded so goddamn formal." He laughed at himself.

"What I meant was, just reply. If it's a no, I'll be fine with it." I could imagine him shrugging from the other end of the call. "But I want it to be a yes though. Anyway, bye-bye Lotte! Hugs and kisses!"

I remember staring at my phone for a solid ten minutes before sending him a message that could potentially make or break me.

Lotte: k, see u.

Okay maybe my message sucked but I was too lazy to actually type properly. I mean, I can be lazy- I was pulled out from an icy pond last night for God's sake! I think I have all the reasons to procrastinate and lay down all day.

"You look like you have a lot on your mind." A voice interrupted my thoughts.

I looked up and saw Giyuu slide a mug of boiling hot coffee towards me with a curious stare. I caught the coffee and placed it directly in front of me.

I shrugged, "That's because I do."

He raised an eyebrow at me as he sat opposite me on the breakfast nook.

I started stirring my coffee so that it would have the right consistency as I just put creamer and sugar.

"Hmm. Is it a guy?" His curious tone taunted me.

My eyes widened by a fraction and I looked up at him. "How'd you know?"

He shrugged with a smile. His dimples deepened. "My fiancee has the same look on her face whenever we fight."

He has a fiancee? No wonder his house has a lot of girl stuff.

Giyuu lent me a pair of girl clothes to wear since I slept in my wet clothes last night because he couldn't exactly wake me up because I was apparently in a cold-induced coma. He told me I suffered from severe hypothermia and since he was a guy, he didn't want to undress me in fear of being revoked of a license.

I wore a white cotton blouse with light wash mom jeans. He also gave me a huge shaggy faux fur brown coat to warm me up. I was wearing the same winter boots I borrowed from Angel. The clothes are so extra and so not me, but they're so warm, so I took it.

Giyuu's home is somewhere in downtown Paris. It has great furnishing and has huge amounts of blue, white, and gray mounted on the walls. It looks like it came straight out of a lifestyle magazine if you ask me.

"Is that so?" I asked.

He hummed in response. "Yeah, so if it's a guy you can tell me about it. I can give you advice."

"You're a love doctor now, Dr. Giyuu?" I chuckled with a raised eyebrow.

He shrugged, "Just experienced in that department. If you have trouble with a guy then maybe I can give you an opinion from the guy's perspective."

He's got a point. If I want to know what's going on, I can just ask a guy about it. And Giyuu's guy. I can ask him for advice.

I contemplated a little before sighing. "There's this guy.."

-

"Thanks for the lift Giyuu-kun!" I waved at the guy who just dropped me off in front of the hotel I was staying at with the boys and management.

The guy waved at me from his cherry red Ferrari. "Always welcome, Lotte-chan!"

If you're wondering why on earth we're using such terms, well...

"Wait before we start, I have a question. You look Asian. I mean part of you looks Asian. Are you Asian?" My questions came one after the other before I told him all about my boy problems earlier.

"Yeah, I'm half Japanese." He proudly stated.

"Oh. Well, you're older than me so you're Giyuu-kun!" I shared the small fact I found out through watching anime when I was still in middle school.

He laughed at me. "And you're younger so you're Lotte-chan."

Yeah, that's how it came to be.

I spun around as soon as his car faded from sight and faced the music. Well, not the music per se, this is a hotel door I'm looking at, not musical notes.

I started walking towards the entrance but before I could, a body jumped on me, making me lose balance and fall to the ground with a loud thud.

My head hit the pavement so hard that I felt blood trickle from the back of my head. My back felt like it was being punctured by the cold stone floor I was now laid flat on. My lungs constricted and I couldn't bring myself to get back up.

My eyesight blurred and all I could see was a blonde figure stomping off without a second thought.

Lizzie.

That son of a bitch.

-

Question of the day:
Who's someone you want to get rid of and why is it Lizzie?

A/N:
If you're wondering what my update schedule is, it's EVERYDAY!🥂