S2: 40 | Mission Impossible

"Who's that shadow holding me hostage? I've been here for days. Who's this whisper telling me that I'm never gonna get away?"- Stockholm Syndrome, One Direction

Chapter Forty
-

THE PIZZA MAN and I crossed paths in the lobby before I left the hotel. I remember him mumbling some French words I couldn't understand so I just nodded, paid him what I owed, grabbed the pizza, and made a beeline for the exit of the hotel.

I know what you're thinking..

Where on Earth is Lotte going at this time of the night?

The next few minutes will hereby answer your question.

"Taxiii!!" I shouted, waving my only free arm to catch a cab.

The taxi stopped a get feet in front of me. I hurriedly made my way towards it and got inside.

"Where to, Madame?" The taxi driver asked in a really thick french accent.

I told him the instructions of where I was heading and he nodded. He started driving.

I looked at the pizza box on my lap and sighed. My spontaneity right now is over the top. I'm actually surprised I didn't fall face first into the snowy pavement the moment I stepped out of the hotel.

There are a few flaws in my plan.

One, I don't know how they're gonna react.

And by they, I mean, everyone in the world. And when I mean everyone in the world, I literally mean every single person in the world who knows how to check Social Media and the news.

Two, I'm not a professional... kindly insert nine-letter word that I'm not gonna say.

Needless to say, I'm actually nerve-wracked right now. I never imagined that I would do something like this. I mean seriously, if I had a bucket list this.. THING would definitely NOT be in it.

And three, I feel like things are going to take a wrong turn and I'd end up regretting everything I'm about to do.

But let's not think about that. We have no time for negativity right now.

"My milkshake brings all the boys to the-"

I slid the answer button on the phone and answered the girl immediately.

"Hey Mia." I greeted.

There was some shuffling on the other end before I heard her say, "Have you lost your mind?"

I laughed, making the cab driver look my way and I apologized for the disturbance.

"No." I denied.

"I wish I was there with you." She sighed dreamily. "I wanna take part in this little plan of yours."

While I was stomping my way down to the lobby of the hotel, I had sent Mia a quick summary of what I was gonna do tonight. And when she asked why, I told her I had a groundbreaking realization while I was munching on my cheese and crackers and watching a Korean drama- that I was some unliberated housewife who was commonly mistaken as a groupie who had a boring-ass life.

I check Twitter. I know what those wdw-ers think about me. I don't know if I need to slap it directly in their faces or not but- I am not a Why Don't We groupie!

If any, that's Lizzie.

Not me.

"Sadly you're not here." I sighed, lightly scratching the pizza box. "I would have wanted you to be with juvie with me."