S2: 59 | I Left Something

"When he loves me I feel like I'm floating." — Cloud 9

Chapter Fifty-nine
-

TANTALIZING SEA GREEN eyes held mine captive. I couldn't tear my gaze away for a second.

"I—" I tried to think of an excuse for trapping myself inside his room.

Corbyn's brows furrowed as he took in my disheveled state. "Did you run a marathon?"

I blinked in confusion. "... No?"

He was sat on his well-made bed with his travel duffle bag on his lap. He seems to be looking for something before I had so rudely barged inside his room.

"Oh." He hummed. "Well did you need something? Anything?"

I blinked. "Uh.."

My eyes involuntarily trailed to his bedside table where I knew I put his present on. And found nothing in it's stead.

My breath hitched.

Does that mean he already saw it? He already saw the present?

His gaze slowly followed my own. He saw me looking at the empty space that was previously where I placed his present.

"Oh." He looked back at me and pulled out something from his duffle bag.

"You looking for this?" He held up the unsuspecting black box of jewelry.

"I found it here." He pointed at his bedside table. "It's from you, right?"

I puffed out my blushing cheeks, "Nope."

He narrowed his gaze at me, suspicion leering in his sea green eyes. "So this.."

He looked at the box and read the To and From tag. "To: Pretty Lady, From your Secret Santa: Lotte — isn't from you?"

I held my breath with narrowed eyes as I strictly denied it again. "Nope!"

He playfully rolled his eyes at me. "Yeah, sure."

He put the box down and sighed.

My head tilted to the side in confusion. "You're sighing obnoxiously."

"I am?" He looked up at me with curious eyes.

"Yeah." I fiddled with my fingers as I pressed my back against the door.

"I noticed that you only do that when you're anxious." I pouted lightly.

Realizing what I just said may have made me look like a stalker, I looked back up at him in alarm."But that's just me being observant, not being utterly obsessed with you or whatsoever."

He looked down, a small smile trailing on his baby pink lips.

My face started to heat up.

I did that. I made him smile.

"Can I open my present now?" His voice made its way to my ears.

I blinked, processing his question, before nodding my head.

He patted the empty space beside him on his bed and I took that as an offer to sit down next to him. I walked over to where he was and sat down next to him on his soft bed.

"You know you can open it when I'm not aroun—"

"I want to open it with you here." Corbyn said, looking at the black box.

"Oh." My heart thumped against my chest. "Okay."

His long fingers started to untangle the black ribbon that was neatly tied to keep the box closed.