Chapter Twenty-one

"I AM DISAPPOINTED in you." Mia shook her head with such a huge frown on her face.

I pouted, looking down.

I didn't want them to find out, but once they heard Zach and Daniel say that I was in fact, not kicked out of the show and was actually just hanging out with a duck inside the bushes, they all flipped.

Even Trina cussed out loud when she found out.

I felt the heated stares I was getting from the three people that were in the room with me.

I fiddled with my fingers as Mia continued on with her rant about lying and all that stuff.

"You should be thankful that the girl got home safe." Saliha sighed.

The management already sent Elise home the moment they found out about my stunt, which is actually sad because I was hoping she'd legitimately replace me because she deserved to be in this show more than I did.

Heck, I don't deserve to be in this show at all.

I looked up a little bit and saw Corbyn enter the room with Kai the duck.

"Quack."

I glared at the duck and gave it a huge frown.

It's Kai's fault that I got caught.

If not, I would have been able to sneak off and tell Corbyn I was going to leave for real.

But no. Some duck I had taken in and adopted and stole but still adopted decided to betray me.

Is that what those kids do nowadays?

Betray the people who adopt them?

If that's the case then I am disowning you, Kai!

"What do you have to say for yourself, Charlotte?" Mia crossed her arms.

I looked up, seeing the expectant stares from everyone except Corbyn, who was cooing and petting the darn duck.

"I'm not sorry." I pursed my lips and crossed my arms too.

"What do you mean you're not so--"

I cut Mia off, "Look, I know you're mad about my stunt. But I did it for a good cause."

She rolled her eyes.

"Lying and fooling your friends is part of a good cause?!" She exasperatedly said, throwing her hands in the air.

I groaned, "Ugh. It's hard to explain."

She visibly turned red in anger.

"You wanna know what's hard to explain? You! How someone as dense as you got here! How you could be so stupid and naive! How you could be a pompous Class-A bitch and be rude, ungrateful, and sarcastic to every single person here! How you can--"

"-- be your friend ? I know. I'm beginning to regret everything now." I cut her off, standing up.

That was just too much.

I knew that what I did was wrong, even if I had a good reason, but she didn't have to pull out the bitch card because of that.

My frown grew.

Realization of the things she said dawned on her as she visibly paled.

"Lotte, I didn't--" She began to speak.

I scoffed, "Whatever. Talk to me when you stop being an orange, Amelia."

I grabbed Corbyn's arm and dragged him outside the room and shut the door close.

The blonde boy sighed, "Bench?"

I nodded, "Bench."

He held Kai with his left arm and me with his right as we made our way to the garden in the backyard.

It was way past 6 already, and the night sky had stars littered all over it once more.

"I just want to crawl up into a tiny hole and die." I sighed into my hands that covered my face, once we sat on the bench.

He let Kai free of his hold.

"Don't say that." He frowned.

"Dammit. The first time I actually have a girl as a friend and I end up being such a Class-A bitch to them." I put air quotes on what Amelia had referred to me as.

Corbyn made me lean into his right shoulder.

"She didn't mean that. You know that." He stared at me as I looked up at him from his right shoulder.

"She was saying things without thinking." He added.

"Which means she just said how she felt." I sighed, feeling sadness overwhelm my body.

"I don't think that's the case." He said, frowning.

"I don't want to talk about it anymore." I gave him a small smile, which he returned.

"Okay."

"But did you see Devil's face when she saw her room?" He asked, laughing.

And with that, he lifted up my spirits once more.

I'm so glad I have a friend like Bean.

-
Vote, Comment, Follow, Share!♥

Question of the day:
How are you all doing?

Hi, be on the look out for the new book!
Villain't|Why Don't We.

Also, I'm slowly healing so I hope I'll come back soon.

Thank you for being part of the Pita Club.

MIRACULOUS LADYBUG!