S2: 55| Early Morning Rivalry

"Everybody wanna steal my girl. Everybody wanna take her heart away."— One Direction, Steal My Girl

Chapter Fifty-five
-

THERE WAS SOMETHING repeatedly moving my bed. It's really getting on my nerves. I have no idea whether or not it's an earthquake— but if it isn't, someone is going to get an earful today.

My brows stitched together and my lips down-turned into a scowl. Slowly, I opened my eyes, only to be met with blinding light that came from the outside world.

"AHH!" I hissed at the hideous light of the day star.

"Jesus flickity fl—"

"HAPPY NEW YEAR!" A child was jumping on my bed.

Correction— children were jumping on my bed.

Another correction— the members of Why Don't We were jumping up on my bed like crazed lunatics at 7 in the morning.

My eyes widened as I looked at the state my bed was now in. Even Jordan, who I was supposed to be rooming with wasn't around. Maybe he had been woken up this harshly by these lunatics over here.

"Oi, oi, oi." I growled at the five of them.

The five of them looked like they got caught red handed doing something they shouldn't be doing. They were all in their pyjamas. No doubt, they had just woken up before me and decided that it was Pester-Lotte-Day again.

"Who told you you could pull this stunt on me, huh?" I asked them with a fierce glare directed at them.

Zach was the first one to speak up. "We did!"

I took note of the boy's appearance. He looked like he got run over by a ten-wheeler truck ten times. His hair was disheveled and his bags were deep and dark. But he had this smile plastered on his face like everything was alright.

The sight pulled on my heart strings.

Oh Zach.

"Since it's New Year's Eve and we're all a-okay and together now..." Jack trailed off, a giddy smile on his face. "We'll have our secret santa this morning!"

I groaned out loud. "But I haven't even eaten breakfast yet!"

"I got some for you—" Three voices simultaneously chorused.

The three boys snapped their heads towards each other. Their eyes narrowed into slits as they looked at one another.

I have no idea where they pulled those food from but they look delicious.

The food, I mean.

The food looks delicious.

Christ, look at me blushing at my own thoughts.

GET IT TOGETHER LOTTE!

Jonah, unbeknownst to me was holding a plate of layered blueberry pancakes and a cup of delicious smelling coffee.

Daniel was holding a tall glass of what looked like apple juice and some hashbrowns.

Corbyn had an entire platter of assorted food. It had hashbrowns, crumpets, cookies, and even a fruit salad. To top it all off was a glass of orange juice.

Jack and Zach shrunk as they backed away from the potentially chaotic event that was about to commence.

But I'm not about to let that happen.

Especially when they're all up in my personal space— nu-uh, baby!

"Um." My voice cut through the eerie silence that enveloped all of us.

All heads snapped towards me in anticipation. The intense gazes made me want to crawl up in a hole and die.

"Can you guys leave the food on Jordan's bed?" I motioned towards the bed beside mine.

Daniel's brows knitted together in confusion. "Huh, why?"

After we mended our broken ties last night and reconnected, I felt somewhat relieved. At least now that we settled our differences, we know what we can and cannot do.

He didn't explain to me why he laughed at what I said last night, though. The reason he laughed was still a mystery to me.

"Well you guys just barged in and.." I awkwardly trailed off. I scratched the back of my head with my left hand as my cheeks warmed in slight embarrassment. "Well.."

"I kinda don't have a bra on." I gave them a sheepish smile.

Simultaneously, the five boys turned beet red. Their eyes darted to my chest and I almost immediately covered it up with my cold duvet.

Sheesh, boys these days.

The three did exactly what they were told, putting all the food they brought for me on the bed next to mine. While they scampered off outside, two cheeky boys were frozen in place.

"You getting the heck out there or do I have to kick your butts outta my room?" I jokingly threatened Jack and Zach.

The two boys looked like they got snapped out of their daze as they quickly darted to the exit, effectively slamming my door shut on their way out.

I shook my head as a light laugh bubbled up my throat.

"Ah, boys."

-