S2: 12 | The London Eye

"Maybe I miss the sound of your voice and the way you used to look at me with those loving eyes. Maybe I miss your charming smile and your laugh. Maybe I miss the way you remember all the little things. And maybe I miss you.. just a little bit." - I. Toledo

Chapter Twelve
-

THE LONDON EYE. Looking at the time on my phone that was shining in white bright numbers, I saw that it was half past one. The travel to London Eye took me an easy thirty minutes because there wasn't any traffic.

The London Eye was empty. Well at least from my point of view it is. The lights were shut off, and only a few dim bulbs were lighting up the site. I looked around and Zepher, the motorcycle Corbyn and Zach had was nowhere in sight.

I hopped off the motorcycle, heart beating against my ribcage as I anticipated what was to come.

I hooked the helmet on one of the motorbike's side mirrors. I let out a puff of breath, the air turning white was a clear reminder of the cold weather.

I stuffed my hands into the hoodie pockets. I internally cursed myself for not changing out of my biker shorts. A pair of sweatpants would have been nice.

It was already fall. It wouldn't be long until we would be exchanging presents underneath the Christmas tree again.

I felt a pang in my chest as I remembered how different the circumstances now were from a year ago, and the possibility of me having the same Christmas as before was very low.

Last Christmas, Federigo and I were doubled over in laughter, making fun of our two straight best friends who were forced to kiss each other- on the cheeks of course- because they were underneath the mistletoe.

My lips twitched upwards at the memory.

It just sucks I'm going to miss Christmas at home this year.

"Help!"

I was snapped back to reality when I heard a cry of help from.. above me?

I stopped in my tracks and looked up, in desperate search of the familiar voice that cried out for help.

The London Eye was unmoving. I squinted my eyes do it would adjust to the dark properly.

"Help!" The familiar voice cried out again.

My eyes widened in recognition of the voice that's been crying for help.

"Zach?" I called out to him.

Suddenly, a series of bangs from one of the glass booths resounded across the empty streets.

"Lotte? Is that you?" He called out again.

I finally spotted the glass booth. It was the fourth one from the ground, on the left part of the eye.

"Yes!" I shouted.

"How did you get up there?!" I asked loudly.

"Corbyn and I split up to look for you and Jack! I don't know where he went but I accidentally got locked in here when the Eye closed!" He shouted in reply.

So that means Corbyn isn't with him.

I wonder where he could be at this late hour.

I shook my head.

I will worry about Corbyn later.

For now, I should find a way to get Zach down.

I looked around for any way to help the guy. Once I spotted the operator's booth, I grinned.