S2: 34 | The Real Boyfriend

"People like you always want back what they can't have but I'm past that and you know that." - Maniac, Conan Gray

Chapter Thirty-four
-
NEVER IN MY LIFE have I ever imagined being almost punctured to death by a blonde bimbo with the brain the size of a peanut.

That was the first thought that struck me when I woke up. I started stirring in my bed- wait, bed?

My eyes immediately shot open and I jolted upwards, hitting my forehead with someone else's in the process.

"Ow!" The person groaned in pain, making me a little smug.

Ah, my head is as hard as ever.

Love that for me.

I looked at the person I just hit and to my surprise, they were doubled over in pain, clutching their forehead with both hands.

"Fuck, baby, is your head made of steel or something?" His smooth velvety voice welcomed my ears to the present.

My heart suddenly raced at the realization that he was the one here with me.

"I'm not sure but it's obviously harder than yours." I retorted, not thinking anything of my sentence.

Daniel suddenly smirked, walking over to me as if his head magically healed and was in tip-top shape again.

"Um, why are you coming near-"

He leaned over to the nape of my neck with his hands rested on both sides of my body to support his weight.

"Oh you don't wanna know how hard it really is." He whispered in my ear, making my eyes go as wide as saucers.

"Daniel!" I whined, my cheeks heating up as I pushed him off of me.

He laughed at my reaction to his obvious innuendo.

"You're so cute." He pinched my cheeks and I slapped his hand away with narrowed eyes.

"Shut up." I groaned.

"How'd I get here?" I asked, diverting the subject.

"I was on my way back from.." He suddenly stopped himself and pursed his lips. "I mean- I saw you get pushed by Lizzie in the foyer earlier. Lucky that I was outside so I picked you up from where you fell and got you treated by the paramedics we have on tour."

My hand immediately went to the back of my head, and sure enough, I felt a small piece of bandage and gauze smack dab in the middle.

"Oh.." I trailed off. "Thanks." I gave him a grateful smile.

"Its nothing." He shrugged. "That girl should pay for this though. I'm surprised she's still here even after what happened last night."

"What happened last night?"

You know, when I wasn't there and all of you forgot about my birthday? I bit back the urge to ask.

"Just Jack and Zach causing a ruckus as always." He shrugged, completely shutting down the topic.

Wow, not even a Happy Late Birthday Lotte, I'm sorry I forgot about you last night?