S2: 26 | Daniel's Baby

"I can't breathe, I'm so weak, I know this isn't easy. Don't tell me that your love is gone."- Love is Gone, Dylan Matthew & SLANDER

Chapter Twenty-six
CHRISTMAS SPECIAL 4
-

THE LOOK ON my face couldn't be torn as I looked at the boy in front of me. He gave me a sweet smile and a hearty laugh as he looked at my reaction.

"I thought you would at least be happy to see that I'm still your roommate here." He winked at me.

I just stared past him with my eyes not even focusing on anything but thin air. My mind was hazy and I couldn't even register a word that he was saying.

I just got back from shopping. Though I had all the bags of the things I shopped for slung over my arms and shoulders, I couldn't feel anything but the heavy weight of my heart pulling me down.

Daniel stood up, worry etched on his features as he must've noticed that something was wrong.

My lips parted to say hello, but I felt all the air inside my throat lodge in my airways.

"Elora?"

I felt my resolve crumble as soon as I heard my name slip out of Daniel's lips.

My knees buckled underneath me and I gasped at the unexpected phenomenon.

He immediately ran up to me and just in time, he caught me in his arms before I could fall on the ground with a huge thud.

Daniel knelt down. He put my head on his shoulder, and my whole body weight on top of his thighs as he cradled me in his arms. It was like my weight didn't bother him at all.

"Elora." He murmured in my ear, easing the tension I felt.

"Baby, what happened?"

My eyes watered.

Baby.

He called me baby.

This guy- this guy right here is everything anyone could ask for. And he's here, cradling me in his arms like I'm his world and calling me baby.

And here I am, stupid old Charlotte Elora Ryans, feeling empty inside because some brunette boy with sea green eyes got himself a girlfriend.

"Baby." He whispered in my ear, making me nuzzle into his neck.

"What's wrong?" He asked, supporting my weight with his arms.

My chest tightened. "D-Daniel I-"

I pursed my lips. All the words lodged in my throat as I found myself unable to get a single letter out.

"I-I'm sorry." I whispered, biting back tears.

Daniel retracted from our hug and looked at me, worry dilating his ocean blue eyes.

"Okay." He whispered, his sweet voice calming my nerves. "I understand."

"I'll hold you until you're ready to tell me, baby." He murmured, pulling me back into his warm embrace again.

"And if not.." He trailed off. "I'll still be here."

I felt my eyes water again as I finally registered the kindness of the human being holding me right now. My mind clouded with uneasy thoughts soon became untangled as I focused on the boy with ocean blue eyes who's been there since day one.

"You'll be okay." His voice repeatedly whispered.

I felt our hearts beat in sync as he pressed his chest into mine. My staggered breathing was soon calmed by his soft murmurs in my ear.

"I'm right here." He assured me.

My mind didn't even falter to register the fact that I do believe him. I believe Daniel.

I've been through a lot of betrayal in the past year. When I met these guys, I didn't know my life was going to change.. for the better or worse? I'm still thinking about that part.

Daniel and Corbyn always fought about the littlest things, Jonah included. It seems the only sane ones in the band are Zach and Jack- but even they couldn't handle me.

Even though Corbyn didn't tell me about him getting a girlfriend, I should be okay. It isn't my place to know. I'm just his friend. Nothing more, nothing less.

My heart clenched and tears threatened to fall once again, but I held them back.

I knew from the start that his feelings for me would fade.

Don't all feelings fade, anyway?

I just feel betrayed that I was..

I don't know.

Left in the dark.

Everyone around me knew, except me.

Or maybe they just didn't want to stress me out, like Mason said.

Corbyn used to be my shoulder to cry on. He used to take me out to the bench outside the Boy Band Games mansion and just let me talk about anything and everything. We would laugh about the simplest things and the craziness of it all.

He and I were like two peas in a pod.

And now that he has a girlfriend, I don't know where I stand anymore.

He was my best friend.

I trusted him. I believed that every word he said was true.

I thought we..

I thought we could be..

I internally sighed. My eyes flitted over to the boy who was holding me tightly in his arms- as if I would fall apart if he even dared let go.

This boy.

He proved to me that people change.

Daniel earned a lot of respect from me today. His actions proved to me that maybe he was just being hasty about the 'calling dibs' thing at the beginning of the Boy Band Games reality show.

We all make mistakes.

And though I already said I forgave him for that before.. I really didn't. At least not fully.

But now..

I forgive him wholeheartedly.

Daniel earned a lot of Lotte points.

I trust him.

The way I used to trust Corbyn.

"I'll always be here." He whispered in my ear.

And I believe him.

The way I used to believe Corbyn.

-

Question of the day:
Are you excited for the final Christmas Chapter?

A/N:
I know I am!