S2: 56| New Year's Eve

"Let me be the one to light a fire inside those eyes." One Direction, Diana

Chapter Fifty-six
-

EVERYONE LOOKED LIVELY. The boys were all flashing smiles at each other as if nothing happened between them that could possibly break the band in the worst way possible- no. It was as if this was a happier alternate universe where I didn't come barreling into their lives like an unwanted duck.

However, I'm glad.

They set aside their differences even if it's just for today.

"Alright, secret santa baby!" Marie shouted with glee as she came trudging from the hallways with a skip in her step.

Ibiza snorted a laugh, "Marie you're going to fucking trip if you-"

And she tripped.

Over her own feet.

But before her head connected with the floor, someone had gotten ahold of her and was holding her like that dip people do when they're dancing the salsa or something.

When I looked to see who the person holding Marie up was, my eyes nearly burst out of their sockets.

"Holy crap." Marie took the words right out of my mouth as the guy set her up straight.

She moved over to where we were and even pinched me. When I flinched in pain she said, "Sorry, just checking if I'm dreaming."

All the other people in the room had their mouths agape, even Will who was currently filming us- yes we are once again live on Social Media and Television so go watch us make entire fools of ourselves. Hurry.

However, when I looked to my right, the golden brown haired girl who was usually so calm, collected, and strict- cough, Ibiza isn't that strict, she's an egg, remember?- was now shaking.

She was visibly shaking.

Her eyes had tears brimming in the corners and her lips were shakily pulling up into a grin.

I looked at her, worried that it must be time to call a doctor for her daily fangirl pills, "Ibiza, are you oka-"

"Hazza!" She squealed in excitement, throwing her hands around the guy in the room.

All of us watched in awe as the two interacted like they were long lost lovers or someth-

Wait, wait, wait.

Back up.

Back the flickity fluck up!

"Harry Styles is your fiancee?!" I shrieked, my widened eyes darting between the couple who had just shared a chaste kiss.

The British guy flashed us a dimpled grin. "She never told you about me?"

He turned to Ibiza with a playful pout on his lips. "You never told them about me?"

"Oh my God, Harry Styles is in our cabin." I heard Marie start to fangirl. She was now hyperventilating uncontrollably.

I motioned towards Jack and Zach to console her and they obliged.

"Jeez, you never fangirled when you started working for us." Corbyn pouted at Marie.

The makeup artist immediately shot up and stared at him like he grew two heads.

"You're a child, Corbyn. I can't possibly fangirl over a child!" She wailed.

"Hey am not!" The brunette boy whined, making me giggle.

He saw and heard me giggle so he shot me a smile. I felt my cheeks flush beet red and I looked away, embarrassed.

My heart hammered against my chest as I clutched onto the hem of my shirt awkwardly.

Jesus, Lotte.

To think you're actually 18 now, and you're still emotionally unstable!

Ugh.

I dislike myself sometimes.

"So.." I coughed, making everyone look at me.

"Harry Styles is your fiancee, huh?" I smirked at Ibiza who turned a dark shade of red after being out in the spotlight.

"I called it!" Angel yelled out of nowhere.

She approached all of us with her latest model of an iPhone, flashing us a group of screenshots.

We all huddled over to her. My left shoulder slightly brushed against Jonah's right one, making the two of us glance up at each other in sync.

I smiled at him, him smiling back with a tinge of pink on the apples of his cheeks.

How adorable.

"This is my evidence!" Angel shoved the screen onto our faces.

There it was, tens of screenshots of Harry Styles liking Ibiza's Instagram posts.

"Jesus, that's a lot." Harry Styles, everybody.

Ibiza laughed, shaking her head at Angel's antics. "I should have known we had a Harrie in our midst."

Angel pouted, "At first I thought it was just a coincidence that he was liking your posts, but then I told myself— Harry Styles won't just like anyone's post for no damn reason!"

"So yeah, that's it. Y'all are dating— engaged, even. I called it." She smugly winked at us.

I narrowed my eyes at Angel as I looked through the screenshots. "So this is what you do in your free time.."

She gave me a hairflip, "Well, I don't have a lot of free time so this is all I can do. Being beautiful is a full time job, you know?"

We all laughed as she retracted her phone and put it back in her pocket, saying that her receipts are superior.

"Are we doing our Secret Santa or what?" Marie seemed to have gotten over her fangirling session and came back to the normal world.

I giggled as I watched everyone cheer.

New Year's Eve, huh.

I looked around as everyone started putting out the presents they bought for Secret Santa. Even Angel was carrying my huge red bag of presents for everybody.

They all had smiles on their faces, cheers erupting every now and then, and jokes were being thrown all around.

They all look so happy.

So.. happy.

I wish their happiness would last forever.

However..

It's a shame that everything's going to have to end at one point or another.

-