S2: 14 | Proxy Speech 101

"Real pain is when you lose the person who was with you when you were at your lowest." - I. Toledo

Chapter Fourteen
-

MY HEAD HURTS a lot. That's the first realization I had this morning when I woke up. The second one is-

"Why am I on the grass?" A voice panicked.

I looked at the boy who had his back on the ground and his hair sticking up in different directions. He shot upright with wide eyes, his hands immediately going to his brunette hair, trying his best to fix it and make it look presentable.

"You've got a little something.." I trailed off reaching for a piece of grass strayed on the top of his head full of brown locks. "There we go."

He gave me a cute smile, "Thanks Lotte."

Oh God, that smile.

Last night was probably the worst I've seen him. His vulnerability made me rethink all the bad things I may have said to anyone before and how it may hsve affected them. I know I never gave that much hate to anybody before, but what if my sarcasm brought pain to someone the same way the hate did to Corbyn?

After we talked, I held him in my arms and let him sleep. Even though I really wanted to go back to the hotel and sleep on my really soft bed, I couldn't bring myself to wake the adorable boy sleeping in my arms last night.

Remembering the way my heart fluttered when he lightly snored against my neck made a blush creep up my neck.

I shook my head inwardly. Not the time to think about all of that. There are more important things to talk about.

"Are you okay?" Stupid question, I know. I suck at this whole I-Care-About-You thing, so please forgive me.

He contemplated, his head tilting to the side in a cute way. "I think so."

He then looked down. "I'm sorry about last night though. I didn't mean to say all those things about-"

"It's fine." I cut him off, not wanting to divulge into the topic again.

He nodded in understanding. "Thanks for last night."

I smiled, "Hey I've got your back."

"Really?" He visibly brightened.

I nodded, "You had my back when I was in the reality show."

I looked into his sea green eyes. I took his hand in mine, feeling a tingly sensation from where our hands met.

"Now I have yours."

-

"So, as a result, teenagers look for people they could relate to. They strive to find someone who can understand them in ways that nobody else can." I repeated the speech that Ibiza made me memorize not even two hours ago.

I know, I'm the best at memorization.

Corbyn and I went back to the hotel after our little talk. We agreed to keep last night a secret from the others.

"I don't want then to know about my.." He said earlier, embarrassment swimming in his sea green eyes.

I squeezed his hand that was in mine and gave him a small smile. "I admire you a lot."

He gave me a surprised smile, and his cheeks turned beet red. "You.. admire me?"

"Yeah." I nodded, surprising myself when I absentmindedly pulled the boy's hand closer to me.

"I admire you because.. you're strong.. for a pretty lady." I winked at him, laughing.

He looked a little bit disappointed at what I had just said but smiled at me nonetheless.