Chapter Forty-nine

Play the song above.
-

I WOKE UP WITH a jolt. I sat up on the bed, my palms were frozen and I could feel sweat trickling down my forehead. I was breathing erratically and I could not control it. To make matters worse, my heart was beating against my ribcage, wanting out.

My gaze snapped to the empty space beside me when I remembered that Jonah didn't sleep here. My eyes trailed to the sofa where I saw him sleeping soundly.

The room was still dark, the moonlight was seeping through the windows, giving me the ability to see. The digital clock on his bedside table read 4:23 am. The discomfort that my dream had caused woke me up, and as much as I would like to go back to sleep, I can't because I might have that bad dream again.

I sighed, I dreamt about what happened yesterday in the kitchen. I wanted to erase it from my memory, but I can't.

I had been objectified by two boys that had declared that they liked me. To make matters worse, they had gone on a rumble about it. Also. I had a nightmare about it. How does one forget about that?

I stood up from the bed and accidentally slipped on the bed sheets. I was sent flying to the floor with a loud thump.

Jonah must have been woken up by my fall for I saw him abruptly get up from his position on the sofa with sleepy eyes. He rushed to my aid and crouched down to my height, "Hey, what happened?"

I pouted while he helped me up, "I slipped." I then stood on my two feet and put on my slides. He had done the same and wore his coffee colored ones.

He laughed, "You're so clumsy, it's adorable." He pinched my cheeks.

I scrunched my nose at his declaration, "You're adorable." I pinched his cheeks in return.

"I know." He cockily smiled, but then his face turned serious when he saw my possibly tear stained cheeks from my nightmare.

He caressed my cheeks and his crystal blue eyes met mine, "What happened?" He asked in a whisper.

I let out a huge sigh, "Nightmare about yesterday."

He nodded his head, "So that's why you're awake this early."

I nodded, "I couldn't go back to sleep so I decided that I'd just make myself some coffee." I said, pertaining to the reason why I was getting up but ended up slipping.

"Well, come on. I'll make coffee for us." He offered, and I gladly followed.

We went inside the kitchen and he did his thing. He was putting beans in the espresso machine and I just sat on the kitchen island, watching him work. He looked like an export. I swear, if he didn't succeed as an artist, he would have been a world famous barista.

I was knocked off my thoughts when Jonah spoke. "Remember that time when we had our first date?"

I tilted my head to the side, "I do, why?"

He clicked his tongue, "You told me you liked your coffee black. Why is that again?"

I looked down, "Because.. I--"

"I read your twitter thread, Lotte.You tweeted after our date." He said the words I did not expect him to say. I didn't expect that he'd read that. After all, I was just some girl they were forced to be in a reality show with.

I felt my cheeks heat up. I had tweeted those things for they were what I felt. But now, having a boy band member talk to me about it made me feel fidgety and embarrassed of myself.

Before I could speak, he cut me off. "If it isn't much of a bother.. can you recite that poem for me while I make our coffee?"

I wanted to say no, but when he looked at me with those crystal blue eyes of his, I knew my resolve was gone.