It was so frustrating, I don't know why is he behaving like this.

I walk towards the car and saw him leaning on it while typing something on his phone. Much to my surprise, he was dressed in casuals, just a fitted T-shirt and jeans. I gulped, inspecting him from head to toe, he looked so delicious that almost made me forget about how mad I was at him.

My blood boils when I noticed some girls were not-so discreetly staring at him while giggling and whispering to each other. Do they have a death wish? Why are they eyeing my man?

I nearly pounced on them, but to their sheer luck, they were saved by Xander, who grabbed my attention. "Hey, baby." He leans to peck my lips. "How was work?" He asked, grinning widely.

Ok, what's happening here? 

"What's going on with you?" I narrowed my eyes at him in suspicion.

He opens the door for me and shrugs. "I don't know what are you talking about." He pouts, innocently.

I get inside the car and waited for him to come inside. "You are behaving weird, Xander. What's wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong." He shrugs, again.

"You are acting so moody. You were frowning and glaring for the whole morning. You didn't even look me in the eyes. And now you are all so giggly and happy. Your mood swings are giving me headaches. You are acting exactly like Emerald...." I gasp staring at him widely. "Are you pregnant?"

He double-take before bursting out in a fit of laughter. "Oh god, that was good." He chuckles before leaning in to kiss me again. 

However, I'd other plans in my mind, I suck my lips inside my mouth and place my hands over his face to push him away. "No, no, we are not done yet."

He frowns, jutting his lips out. "I was angry from last night. You didn't even talk to me before making such decisions." He confessed.

Ah, I knew it. "I am sorry, but I assumed you would have no problem." 

"Stop assuming things on your own, Alex." He scowls.

I sighed. "I am really sorry. You are right. I should have talked to you before deciding to move out." I nod, keeping my head on the headrest, and closed my eyes. 

"Yes, you should have." He whispered.

I turn my head towards him and pass him a weary smile. "Can we just drop this for a while and go home? I am a little tired." 

His eyes stay on me for a while before he smiles back, softly. "Ok. Let's go home."

.

My eyes were suddenly covered by a hand, Xander's to be specific. "What are you-" I felt a warm breath on my neck before his voice whispered in my ear. "Be a little patient, darling. There's a small surprise for you."

Hearing him, my lips curved into a big grin. Surprises and I have a love-hate relationship. I absolutely love getting surprised, but since I am a very curious person, I hate it when I don't know what it is and have to wait for it.

I heard a click and knew the door of the penthouse was opened. He gave me a light nudge to move forward. A couple of steps later, he removes his hands off my eyes and whispers again. "Open your eyes."

And I did.

"Holy mother of-" I breathe out and stared at the room, awestruck. The living room was dark but was lit with candles, which I guess are aromatic cause the smells are soothing my entire body. Balloons and flowers scattered everywhere and soft music played in the background. My legs were wobbling as I try to walk inside with slow and steady steps. My eyes fell on the beautiful dining table that had various dishes, everything that I love.