||Chapter 35||

~Sometimes you will never know the VALUE of a moment until it becomes a MEMORY.~

~ ALEXIS ~

My eyes widen, seeing the car speed towards him. "Xander!" I screamed.

He looked confused and took a step forward. I try to run near him, but for some reason, my foot was moving painfully slow, it was like I was walking through a puddle of mud that keeps dragging me down. 

My legs wobbled and I fell in the middle of the street.

I look up and shook my head for him to move back but he didn't understand. "GO BACK!" I yelled at the top of my lungs.

Everything that happened after that was played in awfully slow motion. Xander turns to his right side and saw the car speeding towards him.

"NOOOO!!"

I saw Xander glance at me wide-eyed before the car hit him. His body jerked towards the opposite side and he flew up in the sky. 

Some woman and children screamed seeing him drop to the ground. 

I watch as the ground colored in blood. HIS blood.

I pushed myself up and ran towards him with my wobbling feet. My breath caught in my throat seeing his still body lying on the ground surrounded by the pool of blood that was soaking his favorite grey t-shirt. 

His once warm and soft eyes were staring at me lifelessly. "No, no, no. Xander." I dropped to the ground and raise his limp body on my lap. "Baby, wake up." I try to shake him awake but he wasn't responding.

"Somebody call an ambulance. PLEASE." I yelled, all while trying to wake him up. "Baby, the ambulance will be here. Just hang in there. I am sorry. I am so sorry." I stroke his face, apologizing frantically. "Please don't leave me. Please, I beg you. Please." I pleaded.

I felt a hand on my shoulder and look up at the lady. Her eyes were filled with sympathy and I couldn't stare at them for longer. "Don't look at me like that. He is perfectly fine!" I yell at her and place my hand on Xander's chest, above his heart. "See, it's still beat-" I stopped when I didn't feel his heart thumping under my palm. 

My face snaps back at him. "Xander? Xander? Respond to me, you fucking bastard." I try to shake him awake. "Don't do this to me. Please." I whispered as my breathing became shallow and my eyes well up. "A-Are you angry at me? I promise I will do everything you ask me to. You can appoint 10 bodyguards if you want and I promise I won't argue. Please. Wake up. You can't leave me. Please, wake up." I shout desperately, feeling frustrated with his lack of response. 

A couple of people dressed in medical attire came rushing to us. "Help me. He isn't responding, please, wake him up." I plead them. They nod asking me to step away from him. I moved back, making space for them to check on him. 

He is going to be alright. I prompt myself. 

Looking down at my state, I cringed seeing my blush pink hoodie covered in deep red blood. The color and smell of it made me nauseous. 

I saw the officials pack up their bags and asked them, hopefully. "Is he gonna be alright?"  

One of them stood up and turn to face me. The solemn look on his face was enough to give me my answers. "Don't." I glare at him to stop him from speaking. "You are wrong." I shook my head, not believing him. "You are so wrong. You don't know anything." I yelled at him. "We have to take him to the hospital. I am sure the REAL doctors can wake him up. We have to-" They cut me off with a shake of their head.

"We are sorry for your loss."

.

.

.