||Chapte 24||

~You are my new favorite Feeling

~You are my new favorite Feeling.~

~ ALEXIS ~

I woke up gasping in the middle of the night.

Damn, that fall was giving me nightmares.

I breathe out, picking up the water bottle from the side table, and took a few gulps to calm down my nerves. "Damn, I miss Xander." I sighed, keeping the bottle back on the table, and picking up my phone. I saw 10 miss calls from him. 

Oh? Should I call back?

I checked the time and it was already 1. Tsk, tsk tsk... he must be sleeping. He worked too hard today, he should rest, peacefully. 

I don't understand why did he drive back and forth though, he could have--- My back stiffens when the door to my bathroom creaked opened. 

A dark figure loomed on the threshold. 

"Ahh....!!" I screamed my lungs out and threw multiple pillows at that thing.

The door of my room banged open and the lights were turned on. "What happened?" I saw Trish, Dick, Eva, and even Nicole in front of me.

"There is some-" I stopped when I saw a scowling Xander leaning on the door frame surrounded by pillows.

He pushes himself up and shakes his head. "Every single time." He sighs, bending down to pick up the pillows, and throws it back to the bed.

"Wh-What- What are you doing here?" I asked, surprised. I felt like crying. 

When I was inside the water, my first thought was about him. I was wishing for him to appear magically and save me, like in movies. I just wanted him to hug me and tell me it's alright. 

I know it sounds weird, but it is what it is.

"I was on the phone with Mr. Crawford when you fell. He heard me scream your name and came back as soon as possible." Trish smiled in awe. 

"Really?" I asked him in a pout. He nods, shrugging. "I was worried."

HE WAS WORRIED!!!

"I am going back to sleep." Eva sighs and turns around to leave. Everyone else followed her except Nicole, who stayed behind a little longer, just to stare at us and then left, frowning.

Well.

Xander closes the door and came back to bed. "Why did you wake up?" He asks, pulling me to lay beside him. 

"Nightmare," I whisper, snuggling my face into the crook of his neck. I breathe in his smell and tightly wrap my hands around him. It was... calming. "I was scared," I confessed.

He didn't say anything for some time, so, I thought he fell asleep. But then whispered 'Me too' kissing the top of my head.

And just like that, I slept like a baby with a smile on my face.