||Chapter 30||

~The worst thing about betrayal is to know that it's done by someone you trusted the most.~

~ ALEXIS ~

"That's when I took the help of Drake. He is my high school friend. I trust him." 

As soon as we finished showering, Xander fired multiple questions at me and I finally told him everything from the start. When did it begin, about all those texts and roses I received. 

He looked beyond furious while scrolling through my phone. "This man knows your workplace, your home, possibly even more than that. How could you not tell me? What if he did something to you? Have you ever thought about that?" 

"I did, that's why I asked for Drake's help. They are looking through now." I sighed. "I-I just didn't wanna involve you in this. This might get serious."

"That is exactly why I should be involved, Alex. Do you know how serious this can be?"

"Trust me, I know. This isn't my first time." I roll my eyes but stopped midway, realizing what I just said.

Shit.

"What?" Xander's voice raises an octave as he jumps up from his seat.

"Sshh... Calm down." I hold his hand and pulls him back down. 

"What the fuck are you talking about?" He asks.

I scratch my head. "Well, it kinda happened to me in the past. Once."

"What? How? I mean d-do you know who did-" He paused, his eyebrows furrowed and then raises. "It was that guy we met at the diner, isn't it? That florist's fiance?" Damn, he is smart.

I nod, slowly, answering his question. "Fuck, I knew it. I knew something was weird with that guy. I didn't like the way he stared at you. I am pretty sure, he is still into you." He stood up and started pacing around. "Jesus, I can't believe we dined with your stalker. And you didn't even tell me. Why did you go ahead with dinner even after you saw him? Are you crazy?" 

"No, I just didn't want you or Nina to get suspicious," I replied. "And we don't know for sure, that he is the one this time. I mean he told me he loves his fiancee and is totally over me and even begged me not to tell her anything. He kinda seemed genuine this time." I blurt out.

"He TOLD you this? When?" Xander stopped pacing and raises his eyebrows.

Double Shit.

"Well, uh... George asked me to take care of a special client and it turns out to be him," I said, carefully. 

Xander stared at me like I have grown multiple heads. "You... are... going to work with your stalker?" He speaks slowly as if trying to comprehend what he was saying.

I sighed. "We don't know that for-" I was cut off by a shrill voice. "Have you completely lost your mind?" I flinched back. "Oh, my God, I cannot believe this. Can't you fucking see how perfectly he planned all of this? He even got you thinking that this is a mere coincidence."

"I don't know, Xander. It might be a coincidence. He looked genuinely surprised. He said he didn't know I worked there."

"And you believed that?" He yelled. "Is he that genius of an actor, or are you that stupid?"

I glare at him. "I am not stupid. I am not saying I believe him, I am just saying that there is a chance that he actually changed."

He closes his eyes and breathes out. "I am sorry. I didn't mean to burst like that." He sits beside me and holds my hand. "It just annoys me that you trust him so much and I don't understand why?"